Whether it’s to raise money or awareness, an excuse for a get-together or simply a gift for a special woman, all of these experiences are more fun and imaginative than flowers and a card.
Brighton, UK (PRWEB UK) 7 March 2012
March: lambs gamboling, daffodils glowing, lighter evenings – and Mother’s Day. As the shortlist for Celebrity Mum of the Year 2012 was announced yesterday it became clear that this time of year is all about re-awakenings, optimism and celebrating the good things – and people – in life. Of course that means mothers, says Steve Clark of leading experience day company Experience Mad, but there are other events in March celebrate and aim to support women more widely.
“The launch of the Celebrity Mum of the Year shortlist is obviously designed to get people thinking about what they’re going to do for their mums later this month,” said Steve. “But we’d like to highlight two other important March events. They are International Women’s Day on 8 March – which has the equivalence of Mother’s Day in some countries – and Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. We’re committed to supporting and spreading the word about both of these events.”
It’s partly because of this that Steve has drawn up a list of fun, challenging or relaxing experiences and activities for women to enjoy by themselves or in a group. “Whether it’s to raise money or awareness, an excuse for a get-together or a weekend away, or simply a gift for a special woman, all of these experiences are more fun and way more imaginative than flowers and a card,” said Steve.
1) Quad biking. It’s a well known fact that women are better drivers – and this experience tests stamina and skill while dishing out dirt and fun in equal measure. Alternative: with the Formula One season about to kick off, F1 fans might prefer a racing car driving experience.
2) Zorbing. Since the early 90s fans of zorbing, or sphereing as it’s sometimes known, have been strapping themselves into giant rubber balls and rolling down hills. It’s simply a unique experience – and great fun with a partner or in a group.
3) Dolphin and whale watching. For those who prefer to remain upright, the beautiful scenery, experienced guides and a range of birds and wildlife make this an unforgettable experience. Alternative: bird fans will love a falconry experience, available at a range of locations across the UK.
4) A meal with a view. Dining in luxury on a steam train is a great way for foodies and travel-lovers to combine their favourite things. Alternative: steam train journeys, cookery courses and wine tasting events are all available separately.
5) Spa days. Women of all ages are multi-tasking experts – and all love a bit of pampering and/or relaxation. From simple massage experiences to full-on spa and health retreats, Experience Mad offer a range of experiences to suit all budgets and tastes.
About Experience Mad:
Experience Mad was born in August 2003 out of a desire to share all the amazing experiences life has to offer with as many people as possible.
Experiences at experiencemad.co.uk feature the best locations, the best planes, trains and automobiles money can buy and all at the best possible prices. For people who prefer to relax to the max we have spa days, hotel breaks and a variety of other unforgettable treats.