The theme of this year’s event reflects the real-world business value Revenue Management is bringing to industry innovators as well as the powerful capabilities of Revenue Management Intelligence.
Redwood Shores, CA (PRWEB) March 07, 2012
RAINMAKER 2012, Model N’s eighth-annual Revenue Management conference, opened today at The Hotel del Coronado in San Diego to a sold-out crowd of Life Science and High Tech leaders and innovators. The theme of this year’s event — Insight. Action. Impact. — reflects the real-world business value Revenue Management is bringing to industry innovators as well as the powerful capabilities of Revenue Management Intelligence, Model N’s recently launched industry-specific BI platform.
Solutions and Market Momentum
In his welcome address to attendees this morning, Model N Founder and CEO Zack Rinat touched upon some of the major successes from Model N and the Revenue Management community over the past year, successes that are creating strong foundations for continued growth. Highlights included:
- Tremendous acceleration and momentum for Revenue Management, with record projects and new customers
- Acquisition and integration of LeapFrogRx, a pioneer and emerging leader in industry Business Intelligence solutions for Pharma and Biotech. The acquisition takes Revenue Management Intelligence to the next level by adding deep expertise in analytical best practices and strategic consulting and advanced data management capabilities.
- Bringing Revenue Management to the Cloud by adding six Cloud customers and making significant investments in SaaS, including a dedicated Cloud team
- Revenue Management category being recognized as a foundational element for Life Sciences companies by the leading analyst firms
- Making the largest R&D investments in Model N history, with product releases through the year
- Building a global organization to support a rapidly growing international customer base and the needs of customers doing business across disparate geographies
- Record bookings, revenue, and transactions and a record employee base
RAINMAKER 2012 will feature Billy Beane, Oakland A’s General Manager and subject of Moneyball, as a keynote speaker this afternoon. A full roster of industry experts and insiders will also present sessions, including:
- Life Sciences Regulation and Reform in 2012 and Beyond: A Legal Perspective, John Shakow, King & Spalding, LLP
- Getting the Customer to Say the Price is Right, Sri Kaza, McKinsey & Company
- Revenue Management Journey, Matthew Gray, EMD Serono
- Semiconductors… More than Just Another Component, Malcolm Penn, Future Horizons
- Leveraging Revenue Management Insights for Optimal Sales Access & Performance, Chris Czekaj, Cegedim
- Industry Best Practices for Pricing and Price Execution, Mike McLane and Jong Pak, Atmel
- Driving Global Pricing and Market Access Performance, Anthony Romito, Accenture
- Creating the Infrastructure for Profitable Growth, Randy Keadle, ON Semiconductor
- Results from the 2012 Annual Revenue Management Excellence Survey, Robert Matsuk and Arnab Sikder, HighPoint Solutions
The sponsor exhibition at RAINMAKER 2012 features many of the leading implementation and technology experts in the Life Sciences and High Tech industries, reflecting the prominent role Model N’s ecosystem partners are playing in delivering value to Model N customers.
Platinum Sponsor: HighPoint Solutions
Gold Sponsor: IMS
Silver Sponsors: Alliance Life Sciences, Huron Consulting, Mindlance Life Sciences
Other Partners: Cegedim, Accenture
Model N’s semi-annual customer and executive advisory board meetings will also be held concurrently with RAINMAKER 2012.
“RAINMAKER has become the place for the Revenue Management community to review progress over the past year; learn, share, and network with industry experts and peers; and chart a course of action for future growth,” said Lawrence Whittle, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, Model N. “In addition to offering insights on industry trends and best practices, RAINMAKER 2012 will explore how Life Sciences and High Tech companies can leverage powerful Business Intelligence capabilities to react with speed and precision to changing market dynamics and deliver actionable intelligence to the front office and front lines.”
About Model N
With over $150B in annual revenues across 50 countries managed in our Revenue Management systems, Model N leverages its deep industry expertise and best practices, highly configurable applications, and comprehensive services to support Life Sciences and High Tech organizations on premise or in the cloud. Whether you are an emerging business or a global leader, Model N results in revenue. http://www.modeln.com
Model N is a mark of Model N, Inc. All other company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners and are mentioned for identification purposes only.