“Most don’t realize how different the online consumer behavior is in China. We listened to the market and packaged our experience and tools specifically for companies exporting to China,” said Mike Keating, SVP of Internet Strategies, Freeborders.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) March 08, 2012
Freeborders Inc., a global provider of consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions, today introduced Web2China℠ and Mobile2China℠ solution accelerators. These accelerators are specifically designed for hotel chains marketing to the China consumer for hotels in China and the Chinese consumer traveling internationally.
“Rapid urbanization, rising income, increased personal and professional travel and a fragmented hotel industry make China a lucrative market for international hotel chains,” said Jean Cholka, CEO of Freeborders. “As a western company with a large presence in China, experience in the travel industry and a strong track record of developing robust booking engines as well as web and mobile interfaces, Freeborders is uniquely qualified to help these hotels access the China market successfully. It is much more complicated than simply translating language from an English website.”
The company has conducted an analysis of the top hotel chains marketing to the Chinese consumer and found that over 80% have deficiencies with their website and their mobile sites are not adequately built for the mature mobile market in China. The survey findings indicate that:
- Chinese consumer spending on hotels is increasing 21% annually and is projected to continue at this rate or higher through 2015.
- 80% of existing Hotel websites have serious problems that negatively affect perception of their brand and “turn off” the Chinese consumer.
- Although China is the number one market for smartphones and 80% of Chinese companies have a mobile website – only 20% of multinational companies marketing to China have a mobile website or app.
- 66% of Chinese consumers access the web from their mobile phones.
- According to Google, the number of mobile users researching travel via their mobile devices is expected to grow 51% in 2012.
“Multinational companies have burned millions of dollars to access the China web and mobile consumer and they often just don’t get it,” said Mike Keating, SVP of Internet Strategies at Freeborders. “Most don’t realize how different the online consumer behavior is in China. They try to bring their western processes and marketing strategies into China and they are just not effective. We listened to the market and packaged our experience and tools specifically for companies exporting to China.”
These solution accelerators support business growth opportunities for the international hospitality industry currently flocking to China. Both solutions offer a quick jump-start with tangible deliverables.
- Freeborders® Web2China – This solution provides a functional prototype website along with an architectural model, roadmap and business case for moving forward within approximately 60 days. An enterprise implementation with booking engine integration and GDS interfaces, are typically the next steps for each client.
- Freeborders® Mobile2China – Within three weeks, Freeborders delivers a working prototype for a mobile site in China. It includes an onsite assessment, architecture, navigation prototype, test plan and optimal China mobile device configurations. Following this phase the company provides a production-ready China web mobile solution within approximately three months.
These solutions address the top three concerns expressed by existing clients and prospects:
1. China as a travel destination is growing quickly and we want to take this business from our competitors
2. How can we get a quick, yet quality start on winning a piece of the China travel business?
3. How has Freeborders helped customers execute an entry into China successfully and quickly?
The company has recently published a whitepaper “Advances in Travel Technology” which discusses ten technologies that are changing the global travel industry.
Founded in 1999, Freeborders provides global IT consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The company pioneered a unique service model that offers the perfect blend of Eastern and Western business practices and access to broad knowledge of the US, European and Chinese markets. Freeborders’ solution accelerators help companies exploit the full potential of their IT investments. Headquartered in San Francisco, the company has offices in Denver, New York, London, Stockholm, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, and Wu Xi. To learn more, visit http://www.freeborders.com. You can also follow us on Twitter at @freebordersinc.
© 2012 Freeborders, Inc. All rights reserved