Lime Connect and their partners are creating opportunities for students like me that I never even knew existed, and they have given me the chance to achieve beyond what I could have ever imagined.
New York, New York (PRWEB) March 07, 2012
Lime Connect (Lime) and its corporate partners Bank of America Merrill Lynch, PepsiCo, Google, Target, Goldman Sachs and Bloomberg LP are pleased to announce The 2012 Lime Connect Fellowship Program for Students with Disabilities. Lime Connect represents a “fresh approach” in the disability talent space, and our premier Fellowship Program attracts highly accomplished students with disabilities, prepares them for the recruitment process and connects them with the world’s leading corporations for potential summer internships. This yearlong program includes educational workshops, leadership/skill building, interview preparation, industry overviews, multiple opportunities to connect with partner companies via The Leadership & Development Symposium and more. Fellows also receive a $1,000 award.
Lime Connect Fellow Benefits:
- Participation in an all-expense paid Leadership & Development Symposium in NYC
- Connect with Lime Connect’s partner companies via networking events, career workshops & more for potential summer internships
- Ongoing professional development & coaching for internship and career success
- Lifelong benefits of The Lime Connect Fellows & Alumni Network
- A $1,000 Lime Fellows Award
- A current sophomore/rising junior at a four-year university in the United States
- Continuing studies as a full-time student for the 2012-2013 academic year
- Eligible to work in the United States
- A person with a (visible or invisible) disability.* (See definition below.)
- If selected, candidates will attend the following all-expense paid events in New York City:
• • • May 20 or 21, 2012 – Lime Connect Fellows Selection “Super Day” (all finalists)
• • • August 1 - 5, 2012 – Lime Connect Fellows Leadership & Development Symposium
How to Apply:
Candidates apply online via The Lime Network, and provide the following:
- Contact and education information
- Current resume
- Academic transcript
- Answers to essay questions
- Two letters of recommendation from professors, advisors or supervisors
To register for The Lime Network and apply:
Go to http://www.limeconnect.com
Application Deadline: Midnight on Sunday, March 18, 2012 (letters of reference are due March 25th)
The Lime Network is designed as an exclusive resource for high potential students, and alumni, with disabilities. It is Lime Connect’s broader, virtual program that prepares and connects candidates for career success regardless of their geographic location. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to register and learn of all Lime Connect opportunities, including scholarships, recruitment receptions, career opportunities, professional development webinars and more.
*A person with a disability is defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term or recurring issue that impacts one or more activities that others may consider to be a daily function. This definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply.
About Lime Connect:
Lime Connect is leading the way as the premier resource for top talent in the disability space by attracting, preparing and connecting highly accomplished individuals with disabilities for careers with the world’s leading corporations. Our goal is to break stereotypes and lead all companies to realize the importance, and value, of employing people with disabilities at every level of education, talent and ability.