The WritePad SDK enables handwriting recognition based text input in third party applications on iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch devices.
Spokane, WA (PRWEB) March 08, 2012
PhatWare Corporation announces today the immediate availability of WritePad SDK 3.0, enabling software developers to incorporate handwriting recognition with support for 11 languages into their iOS apps.
The WritePad SDK enables handwriting recognition based text input in third party applications on iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch devices.The new version of the WritePad SDK now features the smallest and fastest handwriting recognition engine on the market. It also now supports 11 languages in a single static library, making it ideal for embedded devices.
New features in the WritePad SDK 3.0
- Handwriting recognition engine is now packaged as a single static library for all supported languages, enabling the support of handwriting recognition for several different languages in a single app.
- Support for seven new languages, bringing the total count of supported languages to 11, including English (US, UK, US Medical), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Spanish, and Swedish.
- Improved recognition quality of individual letters and words in print and cursive modes.
- Extended digital ink manipulation and serialization API
- Updated sample code now demonstrates how to use new multilingual APIs and in-app purchase.
WritePad SDK Features
- Recognizes natural handwritten text in a variety of handwriting styles: cursive (script), PRINT and MIXed.
- Recognizes dictionary words from its main or user-defined dictionary, as well as non-dictionary words, such as names, numbers and mixed alphanumeric combinations.
- Provides automatic segmentation of handwritten text into words and automatically differentiates between vocabulary and non-vocabulary words, and between words and arbitrary alphanumeric strings.
- Does not require a user to train the software and allows for most users to achieve high accuracy right "out of the box."
- Reliably recognizes handwriting and provides spell checking and word completion features.
WritePad SDK includes handwriting recognition engine static libraries and dictionaries for all supported languages, API header files, documentation, and usable sample code allowing easy integration with new or existing iOS applications. WritePad SDK evaluation is free, while commercial redistribution is royalty-based. For more information about the WritePad SDK and to request an SDK evaluation and commercial pricing, please visit PhatWare’s web site at http://www.phatware.com/developer
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare’s products include such popular titles as CalliGrapher®, PenOffice®, PhatNotes™, PhatPad™, WritePad™, and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. To learn more about PhatWare, visit http://www.phatware.com.