In addition to providing analytics to maximize capacity and efficiency, integration of Eaton PDUs with RaMP adds a visual depiction of power at the rack and data center level.
St. Louis, MO (PRWEB) March 12, 2012
Eaton offers a full line of rack PDUs with network connectivity designed to provide enterprise class distribution, monitoring and control for a data center. The rack PDU is the last link in the power chain, which makes it a strategic point to monitor power usage of the IT load for calculating power usage effectiveness (PUE). Eaton rack PDUs offer the capability to measure outlet-level power usage and report that information to a DCIM software solution.
"Data center managers are increasingly concerned with measuring and reducing power consumption," said Joe Skorjanec, ePDU product manager, Eaton Distributed Power Solutions. "In addition to providing analytics to maximize capacity and efficiency, No Limits Software’s integration of Eaton PDUs with its RaMP solution adds a visual depiction of power at the rack and data center level."
“It’s important for RaMP to be a vendor-neutral management platform for the data center,” said Dave Cole, President of No Limits Software. “We enjoy working with companies like Eaton because the quality of their products is well known in the industry.”
The RaMP DCIM solution provides the following benefits:
- Auto-discovery of detailed device information
- Power and environmental monitoring down to the device level
- Server monitoring to identify servers which should be retired, virtualized or consolidated
- Software and operating system license management
- Automated change control to reduce MTTR and increase availability
- Web services API provides integration with other systems
- PUE, DCiE and CADE energy management calculations
- More accurate capacity planning data helps to reduce stranded power and shutdown risks
- Device type roll-up views provide an easy way to quickly compare device performance
- Enhanced rack views (device type, status, power usage, front and rear temperature
- Tracking and alerting on data center tasks
- Calculation of power usage at the rack PDU level without requiring an intelligent rack PDU
- Enhanced visual data center editor makes it easy to design and edit the data center layout
For more information about Eaton’s PDUs and other power quality products, visit http://www.powerquality.eaton.com.
About No Limits Software
No Limits Software is a leading provider of data center management solutions, including asset management, capacity planning, and power and environmental monitoring. No Limits Software’s patent-pending solution is unique in that it automates asset management to the rack unit. The RaMP solution eliminates the need for physical audits, dramatically reduces the time to find and repair equipment, improves system availability and improves data center energy efficiency by providing accurate capacity planning.