The results from this year’s report support the idea that the relevancy of an email’s content has a greater impact on email results than factors like email timing.
Saratoga Springs, NY (PRWEB) March 13, 2012
Informz, Inc., a leading email service provider for the association and nonprofit industries, has released the results of their 2012 Association Email Marketing Benchmark Report. The report includes results from 20 different study areas. Findings include results such as that day of the week sent had little effect on the open and click rates of an email and that while mobile email usage continues to rise, desktop email resulted in higher open and click rates. The full report is available at http://www.informz.com.
“The Informz Benchmark Report is unique in that it offers industry-specific email marketing metrics to associations,” said Joe Tyler, CEO of Informz. “The results from this year’s report support the idea that the relevancy of an email’s content has a greater impact on email results than factors like email timing. This type of information can aide associations in creating email programs that deliver better results.”
The report from Informz includes a summary of email marketing metrics collected from over 700 large and mid-sized associations that used the Informz email marketing platform in 2011. These associations, located in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United Kingdom, sent over 600 million emails in 2011 consisting of newsletters, appeals, surveys, and event-related emails.
The key findings of the report include:
- The average email metrics for associations include a 98.28% delivery rate, 34.33% open rate, 19.49% click rate and a 0.052% unsubscribe rate.
- As with the 2011 results, this year’s study found that the day of the week sent had little effect on the open and click results.
- Emails sent in the morning resulted in the highest open rates at 39.2%, while mid-afternoon reported the highest click rates at 21.0%.
- For the third year, desktop email software usage continued to decline, while mobile email usage increased to 17%.
- In this study, iPhone was the leader in the mobile device category at 12% while iPad reported at 4% and Android at 3%.
- Shorter subject lines continued to outperform their longer counterparts. Fewer than 10 characters achieved the best open rate at 58%.
- 49% of emails sent were read by recipients (opened for longer than 10 seconds) while 35% of emails were opened for less than 3 seconds.
- Survey-related emails had the highest combined open and click rates with 36.60% average opens and 33.39% clicks. Appeal-related emails had the lowest click rate of the emails studied at 14.63%
Informz will be presenting the findings from the benchmark report in a live webinar Wednesday, March 21st at 2:00 – 3:00pm ET. To register, go to http://www.informz.com/register.
Informz is a leading provider of email marketing solutions that enable associations and nonprofits to easily and cost-effectively promote their brands, stay in touch, generate and analyze data about their audiences, manage information about their constituents, and receive valuable feedback to refine future action. In addition to email marketing solutions and services, the Informz product portfolio also includes text messaging, online survey tools, online voting, event registration, and database integrations. For more information, please visit http://www.informz.com.