The new Pentax K-01 is not only technically superb, it is a design object.
Denver, CO (PRWEB) March 12, 2012
PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION announces the availability of the Marc Newson-designed PENTAX K-01 interchangeable lens camera (ILC). The new mirrorless PENTAX K-01 is now shipping to retailers in the U.S. The K-01, first announced last month, continues the tradition from a camera manufacturer that is known for pushing camera size, color, durability, and now, design, to the limit.
Featuring a contemporary yet classic style, the K-01 provides discriminating photographers with a full array of advanced functions and user-friendly features in a camera body with remarkable form and function. Available in black, white and Newson’s signature yellow colors, the new K-01 features the designer’s autograph logo stamp on the bottom of each camera.
“It’s a great honor to have worked with world-renowned designer Marc Newson to bring the PENTAX K-01 to market,” said John Carlson, Sr. Manager of Sales and Marketing, PENTAX. “The new K-01 is not only technically superb, it is a design object.”
Internationally known for designing a wide range of furniture and household items such as bicycles, cars, aircraft and yachts, various Marc Newson collections have been on display in The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York City as well as many other major museums.
The famed designer’s touch also is evident in a new smc PENTAX-DA 40mm F2.8 XS interchangeable lens. As the world’s thinnest interchangeable lens,* the new 40mm combines with the PENTAX K-01 camera body to deliver a unique mirrorless ILC system that is perfect for photographers who are as keen on design as they are on performance. Together, the K-01 and 40mm lens system mark the intersection where high technology and high design meet.
Key features of the PENTAX K-01 include:
- Durable machined aluminum frame under a stylish black, white, or yellow exterior.
- PENTAX mirrorless body design is compatible with 25+ million PENTAX K-mount lenses spanning decades.
- Large, newly-developed, 16 megapixel APS-C sized CMOS image sensor with low noise image capture and multiple aspect ratios.
- Bright, high resolution 3-inch LCD with 920,000 dots.
- Full HD 1080p video capture at 30 FPS with h.264 compression (60 FPS at 720p) features outstanding video capture flexibility.
- A new “PRIME M” imaging engine ensures first-rate movie recording performance in a digital interchangeable lens camera.
- The world’s thinnest interchangeable lens for lens-interchangeable digital SLR cameras, as of February 1, 2012 (based on PENTAX’s research).
- Sensor-shift PENTAX Shake and Dust Reduction system is compatible with every mounted PENTAX lens.
- Fast 6 FPS burst mode is ideal for fast-action photography.
- Flexible ISO range of 100-25600 ensures noise-free imaging in virtually any lighting condition.
- Focus peaking mode provides fast and accurate manual focusing for critical focus applications.
The K-01 is available for $749.95 USD (body only) and $899.95 USD (lens kit including new DA 40mm XS) in Marc Newson-designed packaging and with the Marc Newson-designed camera strap. The smc PENTAX-DA 40mm F2.8 XS unifocal interchangeable standard lens is available for $249.95 USD.
Additional information is available here: http://www.pentaximaging.com/news and product images are available here: http://www.pentaximaging.com/press/pressfiles.html . A video interview with Mark Newson regarding the K-01 design may be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/pentaxian1. Images of other Marc Newson creations are available here.
PENTAX is a leader in the production of a variety of adventure ready digital cameras including weather-resistant digital SLRs and stylish, compact, waterproof cameras, as well as lenses, flash units, binoculars, scopes, and eyepieces. For more than 90 years, PENTAX has developed durable, reliable products that meet the needs of adventurous consumers and businesses. With new headquarters in Denver, Colorado, PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION is a subsidiary of PENTAX RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. effective October 1, 2011. Additional details may be found here: http://www.pentaximaging.com/news
# # #