San Diego, CA (PRWEB) March 19, 2012
Affordable solutions from multiple distribution channels are bringing home energy management solutions to the mass market, according to ON World, a global technology research firm. In 2016, smart home energy systems and services will reach $4 billion worldwide, sold through utilities, home service providers, custom installers and retail outlets.
“As consumers are becoming more knowledgeable about home energy management, vendors are differentiating their offerings to fit specific lifestyle needs,” says Mareca Hatler, ON World’s research director. “In addition to seamlessly integrating with existing home networks and mobile devices, consumers want automated energy savings, time of use pricing incentives, and access to real-time energy data.”
Some of the survey’s findings include the following:
- 66% of the respondents are “interested” or “most interested” in smart home energy management services.
- 44% are willing to spend at least $150 upfront on home energy management equipment, if they could save up to 30% on their energy bill, a higher percentage than ON World’s last survey in 2010.
- 57% “prefer” or “most prefer” smartphones as their energy interface device, two times more than the 2010 survey.
- 72% indicate that automated systems that require minimal time or effort are "important" or "most important."
- Compared with the previous survey, 20% more respondents today indicate they are likely to use a smart thermostat.
- Access to real-time energy data is ranked as one of the most important energy savings strategies. However, fewer respondents in the current survey indicate that they are likely to purchase a dedicated energy display.
Based on 569 in-depth surveys with early technology adopters, ON World’s recently published 2012 report, “Home Energy Management: Early Adopter Views & Preferences,” may be purchased separately or as part of a report set that also includes “Smart Home Energy Systems and Cloud Services” and “Home Energy Management Ecosystem.”
More information and free executive summaries are available from: http://www.onworld.com/smartenergyhomes
About ON World:
ON World Inc. provides world class business intelligence on smart technology markets. Our market research and information services are sold to Fortune 1000 companies, service providers, venture capitalists, and startups worldwide. Website: http://www.onworld.com.
Mary E. Purvis