St. Paul, MN (PRWEB) March 15, 2012
Strategic Radiology (SR) announced today that Radiology Associates of North Texas, the nation’s second largest radiology group, will join the SR network of large, clinically-advanced groups geographically dispersed throughout the United States. With the addition of Radiology Associates, SR now comprises 16 leading radiology group practices, representing more than 1,000 radiologists, dedicated to excellence in radiology through quality care drawn from collaborative best practices.
“We are excited about this opportunity to join Strategic Radiology’s network of respected and forward thinking radiology group practices,” said Radiology Associates President John Queralt, MD. “Ultimately, the patients we serve will benefit from our collective efforts to maximize our resources to deliver the most efficient and effective radiology services available.”
The SR consortium consists of large radiology practices that contribute to the organization’s communal approach by sharing data and best practices, interchanging clinical expertise, and consolidating certain practice expenses. SR’s goal is to achieve higher quality patient care and more cost-efficient delivery of medical imaging.
“The addition of Radiology Associates of North Texas brings one of the nation’s largest and best managed radiology practices into the Strategic Radiology family and will help advance our mission of setting a very high standard in radiology patient care through collaboration,” said Arl Van Moore, MD, CEO and Chairman of the Board of Strategic Radiology. “Now with 16 nationally recognized radiology group practices focused on this goal, we are better positioned to succeed.”
Radiology Associates employs 110 board-certified radiologists and 260 additional medical and administrative employees, and is ranked second largest in the U.S., based on a December 2010 survey of U.S. radiology practices published in the Radiology Business Journal. Headquartered in Fort Worth, TX, the group provides professional radiology interpretation and imaging management services with a full range of subspecialty radiology coverage to patients, physicians, and hospitals throughout the DFW Metroplex. Additional background is available at the group’s website, http://www.radntx.com.
Radiology Associates joins current SR members including:
- Advanced Diagnostic Imaging; Nashville, TN
- Advanced Radiology Services; Grand Rapids, MI
- Austin Radiological Association; Austin, TX
- Charlotte Radiology; Charlotte, NC
- Diversified Radiology; Denver, CO
- Hill Medical Corporation; Pasadena, CA
- Inland Imaging; Spokane, WA
- Jefferson Radiology; Hartford, CT
- Mountain Medical Physician Specialists; Salt Lake City, UT
- Northwest Radiology; Indianapolis, IN
- Quantum Radiology; Atlanta, GA
- Radiological Associates of Sacramento; Sacramento, CA
- Radiology Ltd.; Tucson, AZ
- Riverside Radiology and Interventional Associates; Columbus, OH
- Southwest Diagnostic Imaging, and affiliates Scottsdale Medical Imaging and Valley Radiologists; Phoenix, AZ
More information about Strategic Radiology can be found on the organization’s website, http://www.strategicradiology.org.
# # #