Although insurance policies are there to protect individuals from the high costs associated with accidents, there are other dangers for which people need to be prepared.
Charlotte, North Carolina (PRWEB) March 15, 2012
While the team at North Carolina insurance agency Charlotte Insurance knows that St. Patrick’s Day is often celebrated with festive food and drinks, the fun can quickly turn into an unfortunate accident if individuals do not celebrate responsibly. Although it’s always important to follow the rules of the road, it’s easy for drivers to lose focus when they are on their way to or from an exciting get together. This year, the insurance experts want to ensure that everyone has a safe and happy St. Patrick’s Day by offering some helpful travel safety tips. In order to avoid a travel mishap, the team at Charlotte Insurance suggests that drivers do the following:
- People should have a trip plan and let family or friends know when they intend to arrive at their destination.
- Always pack a cell phone, but do not use it while operating a vehicle.
- At stop signs and traffic signals, keep a safe distance from any vehicles ahead.
- Do not stop in under-populated areas to ask directions. Instead, drivers should wait until they reach a busy, well-lit area.
- Always lock the doors when leaving a vehicle unattended.
- Do not get behind the wheel after consuming alcohol. As little as two drinks could result in an impaired ability to operate a vehicle and a DUI arrest.
The experts at the North Carolina insurance agency know that some people can get so excited about celebrating the holiday that they forget to take basic safety precautions. Although insurance policies are there to protect individuals from the high costs associated with accidents, there are other dangers for which people need to be prepared. This year, the team at Charlotte Insurance encourages everyone to use extra caution while traveling for St. Patrick’s Day.
About Charlotte Insurance:
With four convenient locations across the state of North Carolina, Charlotte Insurance has evolved into an all-inclusive, client-focused North Carolina insurance agency—committed to offering superior North Carolina and South Carolina insurance strategies for residents all across the region; whether you are South Charlotte, East Charlotte, Pineville, the University area, Uptown or beyond! Since 1992, the team here at Charlotte Insurance has been dedicated to changing the insurance industry for the better. A keen attention to detail and unwavering commitment to quality service has enabled the agency to build strong, close-knit relationships with its customers and overall community—relationships that thrive off of mutual understanding between agent and customer.