Baltimore, MD (PRWEB) March 21, 2012
UMBC’s ISD Now Webinar Series is holding its next webinar on Monday, April 2, 2012 from 2 to 3 p.m. EDT. Guest speaker, Richard Byrne, one of the thought leaders using free technology for teaching and the author of the well-known website http://freetech4teachers.com, will discuss Making Your Curriculum Digital.
Making the transition from a print-based curriculum to a digital curriculum can appear daunting to some educators. The common questions when making this move include; why should I do this? Where do I start? Are there adequate resources for the topics I teach? And how do I organize my new curriculum materials? Richard Byrne will help you tackle those questions and more.
Join us for this free webinar and learn about:
1. The benefits of a digital curriculum. (from an instructor’s perspective and from a student’s perspective)
2. The first steps toward creating a digital curriculum. (starting from scratch and modifying existing curriculum)
3. Locating resources to use in your digital curriculum. (search tools and tactics and creating your own reference materials)
4. Organizing and using your digital curriculum (tools for publishing your curriculum and using your digital curriculum without creating more work for yourself)
5. How to get your students, peers, and supervisors to buy-in.
This webinar is free and open to the public. If interested in attending, please RSVP online.