There are a variety of affordable (or even free) ways to experience all that Wine Coast Country has to offer, from surfing to cycling, from hiking to kayaking.
San Luis Obispo County, CA (PRWEB) March 19, 2012
San Luis Obispo County combines the best adventure travel experiences with the magnificent beauty of the Central Coast that makes for an affordable adventure vacation this spring.
There are a variety of affordable (or even free) ways to experience all that Wine Coast Country has to offer. They will leave travelers feeling satisfied and leave their wallets full. From surfing to cycling, from hiking to kayaking, travelers spend their vacations in San Luis Obispo County to experience the outdoors in a variety of inexpensive ways.
Nick Franco, the district superintendent for the California State Parks San Luis Obispo Coast District, has lived in the region for almost 10 years, and he recently shared his picks for the Top 5 Outdoor Adventures in Wine Coast Country.
The Top 5 Outdoor Activities in San Luis Obispo County are:
1. Hiking challenging trails in Hearst San Simeon State Park, just down the hill from Hearst Castle, is breathtaking in more ways that one. And the best part: It’s free! Stay in Cambria or San Simeon and you’ll be near the best hiking trails on the coast. (winecoastcountry.com/play/san-simeon-hiking-san-simeon)
2. Horseback riding in Montana de Oro State Park is an exciting trip to take, no matter your riding experience. J&J Riding in Los Osos offers a special coupon for a 90-minute ride along secluded beaches, golden sand dunes and active wildlife for only $65 per ride. (winecoastcountry.com/play/j-j-riding)
3. Cycling in Avila Beach is free and fun for the whole family. Many travelers bring their bikes or rent them when they get here and stay in one of the many bike-friendly accommodations. Ride from Avila Beach to San Luis Obispo on the Bob Jones Trail, or along the coastal roads. (winecoastcountry.com/play/avila-beach-cycling)
4. Kayaking is an adventure in itself. Drift through the bay or paddle through spectacular caves and rock gardens that are only accessible from the water. For those who don’t own a kayak, kayak rentals can cost as little as $8 per hour. (winecoastcountry.com/play/avila-beach-kayaking-boating)
5. Surfing in Cayucos, Calif. is free and exhilarating. The swell off the Coast of San Luis Obispo County is the envy of surfers from places like San Diego and Santa Cruz. (winecoastcountry.com/play/cayucos-surfing)
There are so many affordable things to do in Wine Coast Country. For more information, visit http://www.WineCoastCountry.com/slo/top-5-outdoor-adventures.
ABOUT WINE COAST COUNTRY
Wine Coast country represents the San Luis Obispo County Business Improvement District (CBID), whose mission is to promote increased occupancy in the 801 lodging properties that are part of the CBID constituency. WineCoastCountry.com promotes tourism to San Luis Obispo County’s distinct unincorporated areas. For more information, call Cheryl Cuming at (805) 547-CBID (2243) or visit http://www.WineCoastCountry.com.