California's Central Coast makes for an affordable adventure vacation this spring.
San Luis Obispo County, California (PRWEB) March 21, 2012
San Luis Obispo County combines the best adventure travel experiences with the magnificent beauty of the Central Coast that makes for an affordable adventure vacation this spring.
There are a variety of affordable (or even free) ways to experience all that Wine Coast Country has to offer. They will leave travelers feeling satisfied and leave their wallets full. From surfing to cycling, from hiking to kayaking, travelers spend their vacations in San Luis Obispo County to experience the outdoors in a variety of inexpensive ways.
Nick Franco, the district superintendent for the California State Parks San Luis Obispo Coast District, has lived in the region for almost 10 years, and he recently shared his picks for the Top 5 Outdoor Adventures in Wine Coast Country.
Top 5 Hiking Adventures in Wine Coast Country:
1. Hearst San Simeon State Park features a variety of trails that range from easy to difficult. Hikers can take their pick. Some offer coastal views, countryside romps or mountainous peaks. There truly is something for everyone here. (winecoastcountry.com/play/san-simeon-hiking-san-simeon)
2. Dunes Trail to Hazard Canyon Reef in Montana de Oro State Park parallels the ocean bluffs across scrub-covered dunes from Spooner’s Cove. But it can sometimes get chilly, so bring a sweater. (winecoastcountry.com/play/los-osos-hiking)
3. Oso Flaco Lake Trail begins on the road and heads toward the ocean and dunes in Oceano. (winecoastcountry.com/play/nipomo-hiking)
4. Reservoir Canyon Trail just outside of San Luis Obispo, Calif. is more than six miles roundtrip and can be difficult. But it’s best in the spring as the blooming wildflowers blanket the hills. (winecoastcountry.com/play/resevoir-canyon-natural-reserve)
5. Black Hill Trail in Morro Bay near the Morro Bay Golf Course gently winds up for the first half-mile but grows steeper as it nears the peak. Once you reach the top, views are spectacular. (winecoastcountry.com/play/morro-bay-golf-course)
There are so many affordable things to do in Wine Coast Country. For more information, visit http://www.WineCoastCountry.com/slo/top-5-outdoor-adventures.
ABOUT WINE COAST COUNTRY
Wine Coast country represents the San Luis Obispo County Business Improvement District (CBID), whose mission is to promote increased occupancy in the 801 lodging properties that are part of the CBID constituency. WineCoastCountry.com promotes tourism to San Luis Obispo County’s distinct unincorporated areas. For more information, call Cheryl Cuming at (805) 547-CBID (2243) or visit http://www.WineCoastCountry.com.