Kayak rentals in this region can cost as little as $8 an hour.
San Luis Obispo County, CA (PRWEB) March 23, 2012
San Luis Obispo County combines the best adventure travel experiences with the magnificent beauty of the Central Coast that makes for an affordable adventure vacation this spring.
There are a variety of affordable (or even free) ways to experience all that Wine Coast Country has to offer. They will leave travelers feeling satisfied and leave their wallets full. From surfing to cycling, from hiking to kayaking, travelers spend their vacations in San Luis Obispo County to experience the outdoors in a variety of inexpensive ways. Kayak rentals in this region can cost as little as $8 an hour.
Nick Franco, the district superintendent for the California State Parks San Luis Obispo Coast District, has lived in the region for almost 10 years, and he recently shared his picks for the Top 5 Outdoor Adventures in Wine Coast Country.
Top 5 Kayaking Adventures in Wine Coast Country:
1. Spooner’s Cove in Montana de Oro to Morro Rock offers spectacular views and challenging conditions. For those who love the thrill of sea kayaking, this tour is a must. (winecoastcountry.com/play/los-osos-kayaking-boating)
2. Olde Port Beach to Pirate’s Cove in Avila Beach is ideal for beginners who want to try kayaking alongside the cliffs of Avila Beach. There’s a good chance you’ll glimpse some seals and otters on this tour. (winecoastcountry.com/play/avila-beach-kayaking-boating)
3. Shammel Park in Cambria to the Cayucos Pier is a fun tour that meanders down the uncrowded North Coast. (winecoastcountry.com/play/cambria-kayaking-boating)
4. San Simeon Cove to Leffingwell Landing has amazing views of San Simeon State Park and Hearst Castle from the water. It’s an easy tour that wanders along the coast, and leads to Leffingwell Landing, an isolated, scenic spot that is great for whale watching and seaside picnics. (winecoastcountry.com/play/leffingwell-landing)
5. Morro Bay Harbor and Estuary is another tour that’s great for beginners. With amazing views of the majestic Morro Rock, this tour paddles through quiet tidal channels, the bay and the Morro Bay Estuary salt marshes. (winecoastcountry.com/play/kayak-horizons)
There are so many affordable things to do in Wine Coast Country. For more information, visit http://www.WineCoastCountry.com/slo/top-5-outdoor-adventures.
ABOUT WINE COAST COUNTRY
Wine Coast country represents the San Luis Obispo County Business Improvement District (CBID), whose mission is to promote increased occupancy in the 801 lodging properties that are part of the CBID constituency. WineCoastCountry.com promotes tourism to San Luis Obispo County’s distinct unincorporated areas. For more information, call Cheryl Cuming at (805) 547-CBID (2243) or visit http://www.WineCoastCountry.com.