We are thrilled to have some of the most innovative companies in the world as customers, said V.K. Budhraja, CEO, OpenClovis.
Petaluma, CA (PRWEB) March 19, 2012
OpenClovis Solutions, Inc., provider of the premier open-standards-based, commercial off the shelf (COTS) middleware software, is proud to announce the availability of SAFPlus Platform, the company’s flagship middleware software product. SAFPlus middleware is compliant with Service Availability Forum (SAF) specifications, but also offers functionality not specified in SAF. The SAFPlus product is already in use by Mobile Equipment Manufacturers, Internet Equipment Manufacturers, Defense/Aerospace Equipment Manufacturers and Cloud Equipment Manufacturers. There are already thousands of SAFPlus deployments worldwide in various types of devices.
SAFPlus products offer a significant advantage over developing the same functionality in-house. OpenClovis customers can achieve their deployment goals much faster using SAFPlus products with minimum upfront investment. OpenClovis offers various business models to minimize development and integration cost. In general, the SAFPlus products can be integrated with underlying Operating Systems (OS) and hardware within few weeks – a task that used to take years assuming full development of the middleware itself.
“Small cells, such as our award winning nano3G® access points, are much smaller and more cost effective than traditional base stations, but have the same system and network requirements for High Availability and System Management,” said Nick Johnson, CTO of ip.access. “The OpenClovis best in class software added proven High Availability to our Gateway products, helping us achieve carrier grade availability compliant to the SAF standard, and achieve our goal of world's largest small cell deployment."
Full OpenClovis Product Line
- SAFPlus Platform (previously called OpenClovis ASP) Release 6.0
- SAFPlus IDE Release 6.0
- SAFPlus Run-time Director 3.0
- Test Automation Environment (TAE) Release 2.0
What is new in SAFPlus Release 6.0:
- 1+N system controller redundancy: more then 2 system controllers are now supported
- Plug-in architecture for IPC messaging: UDP and TIPC plug-in supported.
- Optimized peer-2-peer implementation of SAF messaging protocol. Testing show 2x-3x improvement over the earlier messaging numbers based on our tests.
- HPI event filter plug-in allows chassis events to be modified or squelched before they affect the system.
- OpenHPI 3.0 is now the default HPI package.
- Fully supported HPI dynamic simulator, with OpenClovis extensions.
- Dynamic HA: ability to change HA configuration at run-time.
- Hybrid Cluster: mixed architectures (x86, PPC, MIPs), mixed-Endianness and mixed OS (Ubuntu Linux, WindRiver PNE, VxWorks, Redhat Linux) in the same cluster.
- Flexible and very scalable check-pointing.
- Faster and scalable messaging.
- Multi-core support including Cavium OCTEON Processor.
- Rolling software upgrade support in cluster or multi-core environment.
- SAFPlus offers complete solution - SAFPlus IDE, SAFPlus Run-time Director, TAE.
For a complete set of feature descriptions, please refer to the OpenClovis 6.0 documentation at http://help.openclovis.com/. Release notes are available directly at http://help.openclovis.com/index.php/Doc:latest/relnotes.
OpenClovis official release of 6.0, including full user documentation, is available for free download at http://github.com/OpenClovis/SAFplus-Availability-Scalability-Platform/downloads.
How to Get Started?
To facilitate effective SAFplus evaluation, a sample applications tutorial and an evaluation guide are available for free download at the above github link. Please feel free to request a formal evaluation by contacting us at email@example.com.
E-mail: info(at)openclovis(dot)com; sales(at)openclovis(dot)com