New York, NY (PRWEB) March 16, 2012
Protect Your Bubble, a new insurance brand that provides insurance for all of our favorite gadgets, including the new iPad, today shared insight into the new iPad’s earliest adopters. The company polled 139 people who waited in line for hours at New York’s Chelsea Market Apple Store to be the first to purchase the latest must-have gadget and shared the following data:
- 69.8% were men.
- The average age was 32.
- 44.6% said they had purchased the iPad 2.
- 18.7% waited in line for 2-3 hours, 15.8% waited in line for less than 30 minutes, 10.1% waited for more than 8 hours. When looking at all the wait times together, more than half waited for more than 2 hours
- 67.2% said they also owned an iPhone 4 or 4s.
- 31.2% said they plan to purchase insurance for the new iPad.
- 26.6% of the people in line were wearing glasses.
- 44.1% said they were most excited about the sharper screen while 22.8% were most excited about the increased speed, 18.4% said the operating system and 14.7% said the new camera. (This was a multiple choice question with the listed choices available as the only answers.)
- When asked about their favorite app, the order of preference was: Netflix (25.2%), Instagram (24.4%), Angry Birds (22.0%), Words With Friends (19.5%) and Evernote (8.9%), (This was a multiple choice question with the listed choices available as the only answers.)
- When asked what superpower they would have, 42.8% said flying, 34.8% time travel, 12.3% said reading people’s minds, and 10.1% being invisible.
“Having the latest gadgets is exciting and fun, unless of course they break, are stolen or lost,” said Stephen Ebbett, president of Protect Your Bubble for Europe and North America. “When you see people willing to wait in lines for hours, you understand that people truly have an emotional connection to their gadgets – why not protect the items you love so much?”
Unlike most others, Protect Your Bubble’s tablet insurance covers loss and theft - something that is becoming increasingly important with the rise of gadget theft around the country - electronics were the single most stolen property type, surpassing even hard currency, as of Dec 2011, according to the NYPD.
For only $9.99 per month, Protect Your Bubble’s tablet insurance offers the following benefits:
- If your device fails outside the manufacturer’s warranty due to normal wear and tear, faulty workmanship, or faulty parts, it’s still covered under mechanical breakdown protection.
- If there’s an unintentional event that results in physical damage to the device, even water damage and drops, Protect Your Bubble still has you covered!
- If the iPad is stolen from you without consent or it unintentionally disappears, it's covered through loss and theft protection.
- And, should any of the above “oh no” moments occur, Protect Your Bubble will send you a replacement iPad within 24 hours!
In addition to protecting the new iPad, Protect Your Bubble also protects other tablets, smartphones and home gadgets, such as laptops, desktops, television, cameras and more. For more information, visit http://www.protectyourbubble.com.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering convenient and affordable insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for today’s modern consumer. Headquartered in Atlanta and backed by a Fortune 500 company, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect the little things and moments that enrich lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit http://www.protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote on insuring all the things and moments you can’t live without.