New York, NY (PRWEB) March 16, 2012
Nine of Pearson’s creative School and Higher Education book designs have been honored with awards from The Book Industry Guild of New York. The awards recognize quality in the design, graphics, production, printing, and binding of books. The winning titles will be on display at the 26th New York Book Show, to be held March 20th, 2012 at the Manhattan Center Grand Ballroom.
Pearson’s four First Place awards are:
- digits - 1st Place - Middle/High School-Series Cover
- Biological Anthropology - 1st Place - College Book Cover
- myWorld History 2 books: Survey/Early Ages - 1st Place - Middle/High School-Book-Series
- Criminal Justice Series: Drugs, Society, and Criminal Justice 3e, Police Administration 8e, Justice Administration 7e, Homeland Security - 1st Place - College Book Cover Series
Pearson also won awards for:
- myWorld Social Studies - 2nd Place - Elementary Book Series
- Interactive Science for New York - 3rd Place - Middle/High School-Book-Series
- Beyond Words: Cultural Texts for Reading and Writing, Third Edition - 3rd Place - College Book
- Language Central for Science - Merit - Elementary Book Series
- Human Development: A Cultural Approach - Merit - College Book Cover
“Pearson has always entered great work into our competition, and this year was no different,” said Tracy Cabanis, Co-Chair, New York Book Show. “They set a standard for quality in the Book Show.”
Pearson, the world’s leading learning company, has global reach and market-leading businesses in education, business information and consumer publishing (NYSE: PSO).
About The Book Industry Guild of New York
Established in 1926, the Book Industry Guild of New York is a trade organization composed of professionals throughout the book publishing and manufacturing industry. The Guild hosts monthly meetings on current topics in publishing, The New York Book Show, The Barge Bash, charitable events to promote literacy, and sponsored educational trips and seminars.