The Ohio Tequila Festival will feature all night tequila samplings, food, and live entertainment.
Cleveland, OH (PRWEB) March 18, 2012
MAM Imports, Inc in collaboration with LaVida promotions is pleased to announce the Ohio Tequila Festival Tuesday, May 1st from 5pm – 10pm in Downtown Cleveland at the Masonic Temple, 3615 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44115.
Attendees of the Ohio Tequila Fest will be treated to samplings of the finest brands and varieties of premium tequilas including 1800 Coconut, Cabo Wabo, Tres Generaciones, Tequilador, Maestro Dobel, Hornitos, Espolon among others. Events and Activities include:
- TEQUILA – All night tastings and sampling of the finest tequilas offered in Ohio including reposados/añejos/blanco.
- ENTERTAINMENT – All-night live entertainment.
- MEXICAN FOOD – All night sampling of the yummiest Mexican food with favorites such as quesadillas, taquitos, and the best salsa North of the border from our official food sponsor, Zocalos Mexican Grill and Tequileria on 2071 E 4th Street in downtown Cleveland and other participating restaurants.
- THE MARGARITA CHALLENGE Sample the award-winning champion as chosen by the Ohio Tequila Fest panel of honorary judges. Top bartenders and mixologists will compete head to head creating the best margarita at the Ohio Tequila Fest Margarita Challenge Booth. Booth access is available to all VIP attendees, but the winning cocktail will be sampled by all attendees.
- WHAT’S A REPOSADO? LEARN FROM THE TEQUILA EXPERTS – Master Tequila distillers will show you the difference in flavors between the varietals of añejo, reposado and blanco tequila at each of the tequila booths. In addition, educational workshops running from 6 to 8pm will offer classes teaching you how tequila is made from the blue agave plant and grown, harvested, roasted, fermented, distilled and aged in fine wood barrels to create the various expressions. Classes will be offered on how to create delicious tequila cocktails at home and a special session featuring the head chef at Zocalos will teach you how to create delicious tequila food pairings. These special sessions will be $10 to attend, free for VIP attendees.
IF YOU GO
Tuesday May 1 from 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm. There will be an industry mixer from 4 – 5pm for members of the industry as well as the media –invited guests only. Tickets are $25 and include ALL tequila sampling and food tastings, and entertainment. VIP tickets are $35 and include access to the margarita contest and free access to the educational workshops. Tickets will be on sale late March at http://ohiotequilafestival.eventbrite.com. Must be 21 and older to attend. All attendees must show proof of age for admittance.
For more information, contact Melissa Fuentes at LaVida promotions or Astrid Moise, with MAM Imports. http://www.ohiotequilafestival.com. Follow us on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/ohiotequilafestival.