Our take allows families to decide which traditions to adhere to strictly and which traditions to relax.
New York, NY (PRWEB) March 19, 2012
DIY Holiday Company, LLC. today announced the launch of DIYSeder.com, a new digital service with original themed content, fresh designs, and an elegant and easy interface to enable customers to create their own personalized Haggadahs. DIY Seder offers a basic streamlined version of the traditional Passover Haggadah, as well as contemporary themes such as Current Events, Judeo-Christian, Parody Songs, Slightly Irreverent Humor, Social Justice and others, that users can incorporate to produce a customized PDF tailored to their needs.
"DIY Holiday came about because my family couldn't find what we needed – an easy way to create and share a more relevant, memorable Passover Seder," explained company Founder Toby Sanders. User response from the 2011 Beta testing reinforced her hunch that people want to bring personal meaning to the traditional Exodus story, but lack the time and knowledge to do so. With degrees from MIT and Columbia University, Sanders applied her expertise in technology and learning to help users transform the standard from a mass-produced book into an authentic yet personalized, Do It Yourself Haggadah.
Given the amount of time Passover preparations take, the DIY Seder team simplified the entire customization process to as few as three steps. Within fifteen minutes users can produce a personalized Haggadah as a PDF that can be shared digitally, printed at home, or sent to a professional printer that has partnered with the site.
DIYSeder offers distinctively modern takes on Passover rituals:
- Contemporary themes such as Current Events, Judeo-Christian, Parody Songs, Slightly Irreverent Humor, Social Justice and others accommodate different ages, faiths, interests and lifestyles
- Users can mix and match themes to reflect the patchwork composition of many modern Jewish gatherings
- A flexible interface lets users hide or add sections, change the layout, and even add their own photos and text
- A unique Seder Length Estimator displays in real-time how editorial choices effect Seder length
- Intuitive Make Your Own Haggadah wizard enables users to create an authentic, attractive Haggadah in less than 15 minutes
- Hybrid “freemium” model allows anyone to create a Haggadah for free, giving Premium users more extensive content options and features
- Filled with child-friendly content options designed to help kids of all ages have fun celebrating the holiday
An analysis of user behavior revealed a number of insights to help evolve the product. A surprising number of users were looking for interfaith options; users were pleasantly surprised with how fast they could create their own Haggadah; humor and songs – commonly absent from traditional Haggadahs - had tremendous appeal; and printing on their own was not an obstacle.
Enthusiastic feedback from 2011 Beta users helped Sanders recruit a talented team of programmers, writers, photographers, and marketers to develop and launch DIY Seder in time for Passover 2012.
Passover should be meaningful, but many find the Seder tedious. "Our take allows families to decide which traditions to adhere to strictly and which traditions to relax,” Sanders said. "While not for everyone, the DIY Seder customizable approach aims to engage families in the re-telling of the Exodus story and bring them back to the Passover table for the holiday celebration.
DIY Holiday Inc. is a New York-based start-up that provides customers with the digital tools to enhance and personalize celebrations. DIYSeder.com is the company’s first product, a make your own Hagaddah website enabling users to create custom Passover Haggadahs online. Founded by mom and entrepreneur Toby Sanders, DIY Seder provides a fresh take on Passover traditions with a variety of digital tools, original designs and modern themed content such as Current Events, Judeo-Christian, Parody Songs, Slightly Irreverent Humor, Social Justice, and many more.
For more information about DIY Seder and its variety of themed Passover content, please visit us on Facebook and Twitter. For more information on the company or Founder Toby Sanders contact Laura Siegel at laura(dot)siegel(at)diyseder(dot)com or call (347) 836-9671.