CloudFair 2012 takes place April 17-19. Register online at CloudFairConference.com
Seattle, WA (PRWEB) March 21, 2012
The most prominent companies in cloud computing will exhibit new products and services at CloudFair 2012, the largest cloud computing conference in the Pacific Northwest. The event takes place April 17-19 at the Sheraton Seattle.
In its first year, the three-day conference has attracted exhibitors and attendees to participate in 50 program sessions and tutorials discussing cloud computing topics such as:
- Hybrid, private and public cloud models
- Infrastructure as a Service
- Cloud services to support mobile computing applications
- Big data platforms, including NoSQL, Hadoop and MongoDB
- Supporting social networking platforms with cloud solutions
- Implementing open source cloud projects
- Leveraging the disruption of cloud computing
- Virtual private data centers
- Security, compliance and governance
- Using APIs in public and hybrid infrastructures
- Networking issues in the cloud
One featured speaker, Daniel Saks, president and CEO of AppDirect, will present a session focused on helping financial services firms, resellers and service providers develop tools and resources to show their SMB clients how to select, migrate to and manage SaaS applications. Details of Saks’ presentation include:
- Discover SaaS applications to purchase à la carte, or as part of bundles that include your existing services.
- Collectively evaluate apps among colleagues to find the best products for each clients’ business needs.
- Access and manage business applications in one unified and secure environment using single sign-on technology.
- Provision and de-provision application assignments, user access and administration privileges with a few clicks.
- Receive a single bill for SaaS products and other value-added services.
- Streamline IT operations, resulting in more time to focus on the business.
"When it comes to cloud-based services and software, small and medium-sized businesses want help determining which solutions are best for them," said Saks. "Our session will deliver specific, actionable advice on how enterprises can become trusted cloud partners by helping SMBs find, buy, and use business apps, a role that can not only drive revenue, but also build loyalty with this important segment."
SH Worldwide, the producer of CloudFair 2012, has built the event’s program around enterprise adoption of available and vetted cloud computing offerings. Presentations will feature case studies of successful enterprise migration of computing workloads to different cloud environments. Attendees will examine the technical elements of what made these deployments work, the challenges faced along the way and the organizational and cultural dynamics that make cloud deployment challenging.
Exhibitors for the inaugural CloudFair event include:
- Amazon Web Services
- CA Technologies
- Chinook Communications
- Cloud Power
- F5 Networks
- Hughes Cloud Services
- SME Storage
- US Micro
“The response to this inaugural event has been outstanding,” said Mark Johnson, president of
SH Worldwide, producer of CloudFair 2012. “The biggest names in cloud computing are coming to Seattle for CloudFair 2012, and we’re looking forward to engaging with the cloud community in what is sure to be an impactful, three-day event.”
CloudFair 2012 offers three days of workshops, tutorials, keynotes and breakout sessions, all focused on giving business and technical leadership the information and resources they need to map out a migration path to cloud that fits their unique circumstances. The second and third days offer a mix of keynotes and tracks targeting infrastructure and application developers, security best practices, end-user education and the business opportunities cloud makes possible beyond cost savings. The second and third days will also feature an expo hall. Attendees can choose from more than 40 sessions and 10 hands-on workshops, including an evening no-charge unconference, ‘Cloud Camp Seattle’.
To register for CloudFair 2012, visit cloudfairconference.com/registration. Expo-only passes are available for as little as $20 for those who register before April 16, and full three day tutorial/conference passes at $895. Ask about discounts and group rates.
Media and Analyst Passes
Media passes are available for journalists employed or on contract with blogs or publications covering the cloud computing industry. Analyst passes are available for those engaged substantially in the development of commercial research covering the cloud computing space. Contact Kent Barnard (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
ABOUT SH Worldwide
SH Worldwide is a premiere event company, founded in 1978 and headquartered in Seattle. The company specializes in providing services for event production including conference development, logistics management, registration, venue searches, and full DMC capabilities. http://www.shworldwide.com.
Kent Barnard ~ 425.397.6683