New York, N.Y. (PRWEB) March 21, 2012
Street Fight (http://streetfightmag.com), the leading source of information on hyperlocal media and marketing, will host its first West Coast conference, the Street Fight Summit West (http://streetfightmag.com/street-fight-summit-west), at the Bently Reserve in downtown San Francisco on June 5 for a packed day of panels and presentations, with networking opportunities before and during the event.
“Street Fight’s continued mission is to help all stakeholders in the hyperlocal ecosystem build sustainable revenue models,” said Laura Rich, CEO of Street Fight. “Software strategies are key to this success, not to mention a big focus in the Bay Area, so we hope to use this opportunity to dive into this important topic.”
Street Fight Summit West will feature the same caliber of speakers and attendees, including the following confirmed speakers from leading companies in the hyperlocal industry:
- Walt Doyle, CEO of WHERE
- Tristan Walker, Business Development Head at Foursquare
• Perry Evans, CEO of Closely
- Jonty Kelt, CEO of Group Commerce
- Mike Ghaffary, Business Development Chief at Yelp
- Eli Portnoy, ThinkNear
- Duncan McCall, CEO of PlaceIQ
- Amber Case, Co-founder of Geoloqi
- Dave Cohn, Founder of Spot.us
- Aaron Rudenstine, Co-founder of CityMaps
- Christina Dorobek, VP of Sales at SCVNGR/LevelUp
These speakers and additional participants to be announced will discuss current trends and provide insights into the latest thinking on effective hyperlocal media and marketing. Topics on the evolving agenda include:
- Location, information and privacy
- Social networks and location
- Local data APIs and geo-fencing strategies
- The intersection of local content and commerce
- Next-generation customer loyalty programs
- Place-based merchant programs
- User-generated review content and apps
- The investor view on LBS technologies
As well as case studies, demos and talks; a full schedule will be announced in the coming weeks.
Early Bird tickets are available through April 9 for $299. Street Fight also offers a membership package (http://streetfightmag.com/street-fighter-membership-2/) for all events in 2012 and 2013, which include two annual Street Fight Summits (http://streetfightmag.com/conference-2011/) in New York and two West Coast conferences, plus specialty and regional events to be announced. The price is $999 and also includes 25% off research reports as well as a paid industry insights newsletter subscription.
About Street Fight
Street Fight is a media, events, and research company focused on the business of hyperlocal content, commerce and technology, founded in April 2011 by journalists Laura Rich and David Hirschman.
The Street Fight website publishes news, commentary, case studies, and how-to articles to help the hyperlocal ecosystem achieve sustainable business models. Street Fight Insights (http://streetfightmag.com/research-insights/) conducts research and analysis on industry trends within hyperlocal marketing. And Street Fight Events operates proprietary and custom events for all aspects of hyperlocal business, including the flagship Street Fight Summit, held in New York City every fall.