“Our customers are thrilled with the way BlackLight imports and displays complex iPhone and iPad data...
San Jose, CA (PRWEB) March 21, 2012
BlackBag Technologies, Inc., a leading developer of forensics software, training, and eDiscovery solutions, today announced the immediate availability of BlackLight 2012 R1, a comprehensive iPhone, iPad, and Mac OS X forensic analysis tool. This latest release gives examiners additional and powerful ways to quickly identify and locate important forensic evidence within large data sets, and acquire and share data with other investigators working in multi-platform environments across investigations.
- Metadata File Filtering - Easily isolate Mac, iPhone, and iPad files by file attributes, such as GPS co-ordinates, camera type, and file creation date and time stamps.
- L01 Image Support and Targeted Folder Import - Import and analyze L01 forensic image files and individually targeted folders.
- Enhanced Evidentiary Data Export - Export parsed SQLite database records to a delimited plain text format for use in other applications or consolidated databases.
- Custom Hash Set Creation and Multiple Hash Set Data Processing - Create and archive custom hash sets from current case files. Quickly identify Mac, iPhone, and iPad file types using any or all bundled NSRL 2.35, Mac OS X, and custom BlackLight hash sets.
- Positive and Negative Hash Value File Filtering - Filter potentially harmful files and known application or system files. Isolate potentially modified files from known good files.
“BlackLight’s new L01 image file support and enhanced hash value processing and filtering features gives our customers even greater cross-platform flexibility and time-saving evidence identification tools to use during Mac, iPhone, and iPad forensic examinations,” said Drew Fahey, Vice President of Product Development. “Our customers are thrilled with the way BlackLight imports and displays complex iPhone and iPad data, and we understand our customers’ additional needs to parse and export this data in a human-readable and easily-transferable way. To that end, BlackLight now includes additional file import options as well as additional export capabilities that support interested third-party review and information sharing.”
BlackLight was developed by leading Mac and iOS forensic analysts as a comprehensive forensics software tool to help investigators conduct digital forensic examinations on Mac OS X computers, and iPhone and iPad devices. BlackLight™ is designed with both novice and advanced users in mind, and features a clean interface, easy navigation, and powerful advanced options. The BlackLight graphical user interface (GUI) was specifically designed to provide forensic examiners with robust capabilities and an intuitive and elegant user experience throughout all phases of a digital forensic investigation.
For more information about BlackLight 2012.R1, please visit https://www.blackbagtech.com. Visit the BlackBag Technologies blog at https://www.blackbagtech.com/blog to learn more about Mac OS X, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch digital forensics, and BlackBag Technologies forensics software and training solutions. To schedule an on-line or on-site demonstration please contact us at email@example.com.
About BlackBag Technologies
BlackBag Technologies, Inc. provides Mac OS X, iPhone, and iPad forensics and eDiscovery solutions. BlackBag acknowledges the growing challenges faced by forensic examiners and legal professionals in the digital forensics field, and is dedicated to creating flexible and comprehensive software, training, and professional service solutions. BlackBag serves a wide range of clients, including federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, as well as leading private sector security, legal, and personnel professionals. Visit https://www.blackbagtech.com for more information.
BlackBag Technologies, Inc.
©2012 BlackBag Technologies, Inc.. All rights reserved.