Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) March 22, 2012
Black Watch Data today announced their most recent release of their patent pending data governance and data management software. In their continued quest to bring the market Easy-to-Use technology that addresses the complex business environments of industry leading clients, they have introduced many new features including this very abbreviated list:
- A Whole New "Inbox": by having a common Inbox, users have a single place to look for all of their workflow tasks and approvals including addressing any defective data that must be resolved.
- Significantly Enhanced Workflow: we introduce some significant improvements including multi-parallel workflows; rules that evoke based on content entered; and an improved graphical "drag and drop" workflow design tool. The productivity improvement from this one enhancement can often justify the entire system!
- Improved Field Masking: to improve the quality of data, we make it easy to define what order content needs to be within a field. An example is material descriptions. We make it simple with our auto-complete feature allowing a user to define that the description has to be in the order of: Noun, Modifier, and then all of the attributes. An example might be: PC, Laptop, 15in, Dell, Black or PC, Desktop, HP, 2.4Ghz
- Improved Thesaurus and Aliases: the Content Dictionary makes it easy for an enterprise to have a single common vocabulary or taxonomy; one where multiple people can call something different names, but the system can display all of the different and various names.
- Landscape administration: users can now copy rules and data from one landscape (i.e. training, Dev, QA, Production, etc.) to another. This can help in refreshing data or help in testing rules om QA and then promoting them to production.
- Configurable Single Data Entry Screens: Armour has connectors into many of today's popular systems such as SAP, Oracle, JDEdwards, Salesforce.com, Siebel, Manugistics, Maximo, etc., so an end-user can enter data from a single data entry screen into all of those systems at the same time. Armour provides the ability for fields from each of these systems to be on a single screen and use business and rules built using the combinations of fields from each of those multiple systems.
- Report on Reason Codes. By requiring end-users to select a 'reason code' when they make changes to data, you can start to identify patterns and potentially improve productivity by reducing the number of data changes within a year.
- Landscape Wizard. users now have a Wizard to help them define a new landscape in their environment. These landscapes are often Dev, QA, and Production and consist of the descriptions of all of the appropriate servers, tables and fields in that landscape.
- Copy Rules and Data from Landscape to Landscape. By defining what is in a landscape, an authorized user can very easily copy rules - or data - from one landscape to another.
- Reconciliation and/or Synchronization. While Armour could always reconcile and synchronize rules and data within a landscape, it now has the capability of performing those functions across landscapes.
- Enhanced Matching Engine: Identifying duplicated data can sometimes be a problem. With our new additional algorithms, Armour is even more accurate!
- And yes, there is a whole lot more...
Come see us at the upcoming Gartner MDM Summit in Los Angeles (http://www.gartner.com/technology/summits/na/master-data-management/)
Or Contact us for a demo at Info(at)BlackWatchData(dot)com or 888-836-0007.
About Black Watch Data
Black Watch Data is a strategic provider of patent pending expert methodologies and technologies in data governance and data management to corporations and government organizations so that they may attain a competitive business advantage.
Data is our business.
We created this organization after spending decades working as CIO’s and CTO’s in large corporations and not finding a solution that really worked. So we created them. We focus all our efforts on your data.
We have become a leading provider offering of purpose built data governance and data synchronization software, data migration and integration services, data cleansing and enrichment, strategic consulting and full-service data governance and data management implementation services. This combination affords our clients a full range of services for any size enterprise data management project. These projects include mergers and acquisitions, systems implementations and roll-outs, systems (including ERP) consolidations, data quality, business intelligence, data governance, master data management and data warehouse.
Black Watch is also a charter member of the Data Governance Society and is a member of the board of directors.
The products and services from Black Watch Data enable enterprises to get to Data Sustainability™: getting companies to Zero Defect Data™ and maintaining that status, forever. Some say getting to zero defects in the data is impossible. We say it certainly is if you don’t have the appropriate program in place.