Cleveland OH (PRWEB) March 24, 2012
As organizations begin the search for a third party maintenance provider to protect their hardware investment, there are certain services they should be looking for. In this post, we’ll share 7 critical services that your provider must offer.
1. Focused maintenance services. We think it’s important to be laser-focused, and our area of expertise is on the maintenance of mission-critical servers, storage devices and tape backup typically found in a data center. A focused third party maintenance provider will understand their customers and their inherent needs. By focusing resources on the data center, we’re able to deliver first-call resolution and platform uptime that ranks with the best in the business.
2. No hardware biases. As a multi-vendor support partner, we avoid hardware bias which reduces the costs and administrative hassles associated with managing multiple vendors and multiple contract expirations. A non-biased hardware approach can simplify management of the data center hardware environment and is one of the reasons that we’re able to reduce prices by up to 60% less than OEM services.
3. Rapid response and problem resolution. It’s not okay to be a slow responder, especially when mission critical hardware is not working properly. In fact, with data centers, downtime can meet a serious loss of revenue and customers. We’re positioned to support large distributed environments and yet be agile enough to respond quickly to urgent or nontraditional service requests. The result: more rapid mobilization and problem resolution – precisely those reasons you’d engage with a third party maintenance provider.
4. The ability to cover all hardware. With all equipment consolidated under one contract, it’s easy to identify who to call to get quality service. As a single point of contact, we can be the central point of accountability, the vendor to call when customers need to get up and running quickly. This also reduces the need for providers to coordinate and work with other providers, resulting in faster response and repair.
5. Experienced engineers who do the job right —the first time. Customers need to rely on the skill and experience of their maintenance provider’s engineers. At Park Place, each of our engineers has worked at an OEM, bringing relevant experience to the task at hand. Senior field engineers have an average tenure of 20 years; service engineers average 16 years. Each staff member brings a depth of knowledge and expertise that enable us to meet customers’ technology requirements across multiple platforms. We feel this is paramount for any hardware maintenance provider and should be on your must-have list.
6. Flexible programs and contracts. We’ve implemented processes that enable company sales teams to be flexible and react quickly. Agreements are as easy to understand as they are flexible. For example, master service agreements enable a coterminous single agreement, making it easy to add or drop equipment from support with minimal notice. This flexibility is important as technology changes quickly and customers evolve with their customers and needs.
7. Customizable service agreements. We’re able to resolve 43% of customer issues without dispatching a field engineer, but when an engineer is required, we offer 7x24x4, business hour, and next-business-day maintenance services. An online event tracking system uses a Web portal, which enables customers to access the call management system from any web browser. A desktop dashboard provides real-time visibility into event and contract tracking as well as parts availability, escalation status and alerts. This system offers customers anytime, anywhere access, and enables monitoring of the customer’s service levels and events for any incident. This level of response is something you won’t want to be without when downtime occurs.
Carefully selecting a third party hardware maintenance provider that is armed with these service offerings, will help ensure you’ll be well covered should any hardware malfunction occur. In turn, organizations will be awarded with peace of mind – and cost savings as well.
About Park Place Technologies
Park Place Technologies is the premier provider of multi-platform, multi-vendor data center hardware maintenance services. Park Place enables its customers to extend the life of their IT equipment at a significant cost savings over the manufacturer. Park Place Technologies is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio with a world class Service Operations Center based outside of Boston, MA and an experienced team of Level III Service Engineers serving North America. Park Place’s 20 years of experience with over 3,000 businesses make it a cost-effective, secure alternative to OEM extended warranty programs.