Boston, MA (PRWEB) March 23, 2012
Leading organizations from around the world will convene in San Diego for the Knowledge Foundation’s 5th Sample Prep conference which will take place at the Hilton Resort & Spa from May 3-4, 2012.
Sample Prep is an internationally recognized event for experts in sample preparation for detection and identification of viruses, toxins and pathogens. This conference will address the major issues and state-of-the-art in the technologies for real-world sample preparation. Specific topics to be explored when world leaders convene for this high-level symposium include:
- Sample prep with microfluidics
- Sample prep-on-a-chip
- Alternative sample prep technologies for viruses, toxins & pathogens
- Sample prep as separate vs. integrated module approach
- Nanotechnology challenges for sample preparation
- Robust sampling methodologies (automation, high-throughput, combinatorial approach in sample prep)
- Food, water, air, and environmental sampling
- Novel methods of extraction from tough (non-filterable) matrices
- Single use sample concentration modules
- Advanced lateral flow assays for sample prep
- Nucleic acid or protein based sample prep for next generation sequencing
- Sample prep technologies for detection/diagnostics vs. pharma
Distinguished Speaker Faculty
- Raymond P. Mariella, PhD, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Mark W. Eshoo, PhD, ibis Biosciences, Inc., a subsidiary of Abbott Molecular
- Steven S. Branda, PhD, Sandia National Laboratories
- Michael Pollack, PhD, CTO, Advanced Liquid Logic, Inc.
-Alexis Sauer-Budge, PhD, Fraunhofer
- Stephane Evoy, PhD,University of Alberta, Canada
-Rajaram Krishnan, PhD, CEO, Biological Dynamics, Inc.*
-Joseph Wang, PhD, University California San Diego
- Michael J. Heller, PhD, University of California San Diego
- Richard A. Montagna, PhD, Rheonix, Inc.
-Dennis W. Harris, DPhil., IntegenX, Inc.
- Bruce Irvine, Claremont BioSolutions LLC
- James M. Birch, PhD, Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
- Andre Marziali, PhD, Boreal Genomics Inc. & University of British Columbia
-Eric R. Rhodes, PhD, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- John P. Langmore, PhD, Rubicon Genomics, Inc.
- Stephanie Thatcher, Idaho Technology, Inc.
- David S. Alburty, InnovaPrep LLC
- James P. Landers, PhD, ZyGEM Corporation University of Virginia*
- Rolf Müller, PhD, Biomatrica, Inc.
-Steve Barrett, President and CEO, DetectGen, Inc., Canada
About The Knowledge Foundation
The Knowledge Foundation integrates scientific ingenuity and real-world applications by fostering collaborative research at the rapidly changing intersection of science and business. Known for providing members of its Technology Commercialization Alliance with direct and unbiased state-of-the-art scientific information, the Knowledge Foundation is uniquely qualified to provide wider exposure for important developments in the emerging fields of alternative energy, nanotechnology, and chemical & biological detection technologies.
The Knowledge Foundation
2193 Commonwealth Ave, Suite 398
Boston, MA 02135-3853
Phone: (617) 232-7400
Fax: (617) 232-9171
Email: custserv (at) knowledgefoundation (dot) com
(617) 232-7400 ext. 203
Email: mdicecca (at) knowledgefoundation (dot) com