Suffern, NY (PRWEB) March 24, 2012
General Patent Corporation (GPC), a leading patent licensing and enforcement firm, announced today on behalf of its subsidiary, Leighton Technologies LLC (Leighton), that it settled a patent infringement lawsuit with Smartrac Technology Ltd. of Ayutthaya, Thailand, and its U.S. affiliate, Smartrac Technology US, Inc. of Chanhassen, Minn. (Smartrac). Under the settlement agreement, Leighton Technologies has licensed its portfolio of six “Contactless Cards” patents to Smartrac.
The settlement with Smartrac Technology Ltd. and Smartrac Technology US, Inc. resolves Smartrac Technology Ltd. et al v. Leighton Technologies LLC (1:2011cv03807) filed in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
“We are pleased to have reached an amicable resolution of this case,” said Alexander Poltorak, Chairman and CEO of General Patent Corporation. “Smartrac has joined a growing list of smart card manufacturers that have licensed the Leighton patents.”
About General Patent Corporation
General Patent Corporation, headquartered in Suffern, N.Y., is a leading intellectual property boutique focusing on patent licensing and enforcement. GPC represents inventors, businesses, universities and other patent owners in patent assertion matters by managing and financing patent litigation on a contingency basis. GPC is the oldest patent enforcement firm in the U.S. Founded in 1987, General Patent is celebrating its 25th Anniversary in 2012. GPC is the managing member of Leighton Technologies LLC. For more information, visit http://www.generalpatent.com.
About Leighton Technologies LLC
Leighton Technologies LLC is the owner of a six-patent portfolio of “Contactless Cards” and related technologies:
1. 5,817,207: “Radio frequency identification card and hot lamination process for the manufacture of radio frequency identification cards”
2. 6,036,099: “Hot lamination process for the manufacture of a combination contact/contactless smart card and product resulting therefrom”
3. 6,214,155: “Radio frequency identification card and hot lamination process for the manufacture of radio frequency identification cards”
4. 6,441,736: “Ultra-thin flexible durable radio frequency identification devices and hot or cold lamination process for the manufacture of ultra-thin flexible durable radio frequency identification devices”
5. 6,557,766: “Hot lamination method for a hybrid radio frequency optical memory card converting sheets into a web process”
6. 6514,367: “Hot lamination process for the manufacture of a combination contact/contactless smart card”
Leighton Technologies is a portfolio company of IP Holdings LLC, and is managed by General Patent Corporation. A non-exclusive license under these patents is available on fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory terms. For licensing terms, please contact Kathlene Ingham at (845) 368-4000 x107. For more information, please visit http://www.leighton-tech.com.
About IP Holdings LLC
IP Holdings LLC, a member of the GPC Group of Companies, is an IP-centric merchant banking organization. IP Holdings provides IP advisory services, IP-related financial services and IP brokerage, and operates an idea incubator. IP Holdings is a member of Leighton Technologies. For more information, visit http://www.ip-holdings.com.