We want to encourage and support entrepreneurs throughout the region, and partner with others like us who are committed to helping these entrepreneurs.
Langhorne, PA (PRWEB) March 22, 2012
The entrepreneurial ecosystem in the Philadelphia region is gaining momentum despite the belief by some that pastures are greener in places like New York or Silicon Valley, according to Mike Krupit, head of Novotorium, a suburban Philadelphia business incubator. Based on this assessment of the entrepreneurial ecosystem, Novotorium is committed to supporting entrepreneurs with increased sponsorship of regional events for entrepreneurs along with its regular programs designed to help emerging businesses, Krupit said.
“We live in a region of bright, passionate people who want to collaborate with others to create businesses and build long-term, sustainable operations that will produce jobs and real profit,” said Krupit. “We want to encourage and support entrepreneurs throughout the region, and partner with others like us who are committed to helping these entrepreneurs. We see great opportunities right here in Southeast Pennsylvania, Lehigh Valley, South and Central New Jersey, and Delaware.”
Novotorium is providing financial support as well as the time, knowledge and personal commitment of its professional staff and allied partners to a series of events throughout the spring. Some of those programs include:
- Lehigh Valley Hackathon, March 30-April 1: Novotorium is a financial sponsor of this event that brings together developers to build new and interesting things. Novotorium also provides the winning team with a two-day intensive session with the Novotorium staff to help further develop its business after the event. http://hack.lehighvalleytech.org
- Innovation Leadership Forum, April 4: Novotorium is a financial sponsor for this on-going series exploring innovation. The inaugural event is focused on business model innovation, and Mike Krupit will be a panelist following keynotes by Stephen Spinelli (Philadelphia University, JiffyLube) and Howard Blumenthal (Independence Media). http://www.innovationleadershipforum.us
- Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise, April 10-11: Novotorium is a financial sponsor for this conference for developers, architects, and IT executives on current topics such as emerging technology and open source. The conference, in its seventh year, is hosted by Chariot Solutions and expects more than 500 attendees. Mike Krupit will also be a judge for the event’s Project of the Year Competition. http://www.phillyemergingtech.com/2012
- Philly Tech Week, April 23-28: Novotorium is a financial sponsor of this week-long celebration of technology and innovation in Philadelphia, as well as a sponsor of several related events during the week. http://www.PhillyTechWeek.com
- Switch Philly, April 25: Novotorium is a financial sponsor of this business competition, and will provide the winning team with a two-day intensive session with the Novotorium staff to help further develop its business after the event. http://switchphilly.com/
- Entrepreneur Expo, April 26: Novotorium is a financial sponsor of this showcase for technology entrepreneurs to share their work with others. The Expo, in its fourth year, is one of the anchor events for Philly Startup Leaders, the largest and most active community of startup entrepreneurs in the Philadelphia region. http://www.expo.phillystartupleaders.org
- Philly Tech Week Signature Event, April 27: Novotorium is a financial sponsor of this celebration of the Philadelphia technology community, and is sponsoring the world’s first iPad caricature artist, Angie Jordan, who will create digital caricatures for attendees on site. http://phillytechweek.com/events/Signature_Event
In addition to these programs, Novotorium continues to grow and offers its incubation for emerging technology businesses, business acceleration groups and other programs to help entrepreneurs be more successful.
Novotorium’s next public class, “Data or Dartboards? Pricing Your Products to Win in the Marketplace,” will be held from be held from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Wednesday, March 28. This class will help entrepreneurs learn how startups can use data gathered from clients, prospects and competitors to develop an effective product pricing approach. Led by market researcher and strategist Steve Levine, this program is free but registration is required. More information on the class may be found on the Novotorium Website.
Novotorium works with each entrepreneur accepted into its incubation program to establish individualized goals to be achieved during the first three months. Novotorium’s in-house team and network of entrepreneurs and advisors will then develop an individualized program to help each business accomplish its goals. At the conclusion of the first three months, Novotorium will invest in businesses where mutually desired. Novotorium does not charge fees or require equity from entrepreneurs for participation in the incubation program.
In addition to the individualized approach that is created for each entrepreneur, Novotorium offers entrepreneurs in the incubation program the opportunity to operate in a collaborative, open-innovation environment along with other entrepreneurs who may be experiencing some of the same challenges. Synergy among entrepreneurs is a key part of the program, according to Krupit.
Business Acceleration Groups
Novotorium’s business acceleration groups bring together small clusters of entrepreneurs and young businesses (about 8-10 in each group) to participate in a condensed incubation program for two days every month. The two days are spent as would any incubation – mentoring, classes, partner office hours, and collaboration. The goal is to give the companies a boost to help keep them moving forward. Groups remain consistent to allow members to build lasting relationships.
“Novotorium is offering a unique combination of opportunities unprecedented in the Philadelphia region – and perhaps anywhere,” said Krupit. “These are powerful experiences in a collaborative entrepreneurial experience with real benefits for all who participate. We expect to be at capacity for our programs, so we encourage people to apply and register right away.”
Novotorium is an independent, private sector initiative funded by the Baron Innovation Group, and based in Langhorne, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Novotorium provides the environment, advice, services, and funding that are needed for entrepreneurs who strive to grow their emerging companies. Novotorium’s unique approach helps entrepreneurs cross the chasm to achieve sustainable growth and profitability. For more information about Novotorium visit http://www.novotorium.com.