“We want to offer our students and other members of our community the best in technology and access, and that means making SIUE services and information available to mobile users.” Associate Vice Chancellor for Information Technology Jennifer Vandever
Edwardsville, Ill. (PRWEB) March 23, 2012
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville today announced the launch of SIUE Mobile, a free mobile campus application that brings university life to popular smartphones and mobile devices.
SIUE Mobile lets the SIUE community get and stay connected wherever they are. The app offers mobile access to campus maps, the entire course catalog, event calendars, sports schedules and more. It even has a directory that allows students to email or call professors and classmates.
Students, faculty and staff can download the application for free through app stores. Developed by Blackboard Mobile, a division of education technology company, Blackboard Inc., the app also is expected to be popular with prospective students, parents, alumni and other members of the University community.
“We want to offer our students and other members of our community the best in technology and access, and that means making SIUE services and information available to mobile users,” said Associate Vice Chancellor for Information Technology Jennifer Vandever.
Current features include:
- Courses—Access the current term course schedule. Each course includes information such as descriptions, prerequisites, times, days of the week, building location and instructor. The course listing can be used to locate the course on the campus map or add the instructor to a contacts list.
- Campus Map—Search for buildings by name to see physical campus location. Users can see where they are on the Edwardsville campus in relation to the building they’re looking for, and even get a photo of, and information about, the building.
- Campus Directory—Search for faculty, staff and student contact information. When users find the person they’re looking for, adding them to their device contacts is as simple as clicking a button.
- Event Calendar—View events happening across campus by category.
- Athletics—Get news, schedules and scores for favorite Cougar sports.
- Mobile Web—Get access to the latest mobile web content directly from the SIUE Mobile app with the click of a button.
For questions about the SIUE Mobile App, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 618-650-5500.
SIUE Mobile is available free from Android™, BlackBerry®, and Apple® iOS application stores.