Seattle, Washington (PRWEB) March 28, 2012
After digging out from an unusually cold winter in the Pacific Northwest, Dander & Daughters Chem-Dry carpet cleaning in Seattle offers spring cleaning advice on how to prolong the life of your carpets.
Spring is traditionally the time for large-scale home cleaning projects. After a 3 month period of being chased back indoors by precipitation and colder temperatures, many houses are ready to be thoroughly cleaned. Carpets can become especially dirty when more time is spent indoors. That is why spring is the perfect time to breathe new life into carpets, particularly in high traffic living areas.
Harnessing this fervor to renew and clean, carpet experts share 7 important tips on how to restore carpets to fresh and new:
1. Move Furniture and Fix Dents - Give your house the deep cleaning it needs by moving furniture and taking out the dents they create in the carpet. Several methods are available; from ice cubes to hot clothes irons used in conjunction with wet towels.
2. Replace Ineffective Outdoor Doormats - Some may think the end of summer is the time to worry about doormats, but if you are going to spring clean your carpets and make sure your matts are up to snuff the time is now. Limiting the amount of mud and water tracked onto the carpet is crucial. Dense rubber works best, and make sure to stay away from any absorbent materials.
3. Professional Cleaning and Protection - After staying indoors more in the winter, spring is the time for a thorough, quality, professional deep carpet cleaning. Companies with Chem-Dry technologies make it a quick process because of quick drying.
4. Keep Carpets Dry - Springs in the Pacific NW are notoriously wet and can bring in a lot of moisture to your carpet. Wiping feet helps but proper seals and ventilation in your home are equally important. Using cleaning services that leave your carpets too wet can be a problem this time of year.
5. Rearrange Rooms to Create New Walkways - While you are moving furniture for cleaning and dent removal, make sure when putting furniture back that you create a different walking path through the room. The "traffic lane grey" phenomenon can make high traffic areas look soiled, even when they are not. Spring is all about reorganization anyways, isn't it?
6. Remove Stains Properly and Quickly - Spring means more outdoor traffic coming indoors, and as we all know sometimes this can lead to mud or dirt being tracked through your home. So be sure to clean up tracked in mud and dirt right away by blotting with a clean white cloth. Never Rub!
7. Resist the Urge to Vacuum Less - It's easy to see how less time inside should equate to less vacuuming, but don't be fooled. You should still vacuum your carpets 3 times a week with vacuum cleaners that have a high-efficiency particulate filter (HEPA).