Washington, DC (PRWEB) March 28, 2012
The National Quality Forum (NQF) will host its annual conference on Thursday, April 5, 2012 in Washington, DC. Focused on the theme, “Building a Patient- and Family-Centered Health System,” the agenda (http://bit.ly/zsa5Wr) includes a full day of educational programming and an awards luncheon honoring the recipients of the 2011 John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Award (http://bit.ly/HerzJ3)
What: The National Quality Forum Annual Conference, “Building a Patient- and Family-Centered Health System,” will include an opening address from NQF President and CEO, Janet Corrigan followed by a full day of educational programming. Session topics include (http://bit.ly/GTqxEu):
- Setting the Stage
Keynote: Jessie Gruman, PhD, President and Founder, Center for Advancing Health
- Policy Initiatives: The Patient-Centered Outcomes Institute
Keynote: Joe Selby, MD, PhD, Executive Director, Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute
- Policy Initiatives: Making Care Seamless
Keynote: Richard Baron, MD, Director, Seamless Care Models, Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services Innovation Center
- Patient Centered Healthcare Delivery: Would We Know It if We Saw It?
- Health Information Technology and Patient Engagement
- The Challenges of Measurement
- Using Patient-Centered Measures to Transform Healthcare Delivery
Keynote: Ziad Haydar, MD, MBA, Chief Medical Officer, Ascension Health
When: April 5, 2012, 8:00AM – 3:45PM
Where: Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
The full program is available online (http://bit.ly/GTqxEu). Learn more about this year’s Eisenberg Award Winners (http://bit.ly/HerzJ3). A limited number of general admission and media seats are still available. Call 202-783-1300 for more information.
The National Quality Forum (NQF) operates under a three-part mission to improve the quality of American healthcare by:
- Building consensus on national priorities and goals for performance improvement and working in partnership to achieve them;
- Endorsing national consensus standards for measuring and publicly reporting on performance; and
- Promoting the attainment of national goals through education and outreach programs.
Learn more at: http://www.qualityforum.org