Membership in IEEE and IEEE Computer Society is a great way to connect with other students through chapters, conferences, and of course the Computer Society Facebook page.
Los Alamitos, CA (PRWEB) March 30, 2012
During the month of April, the IEEE Computer Society will be giving away five free student memberships each week. Besides membership in the IEEE Computer Society, winners will also receive membership in IEEE, the world’s largest professional association for the advancement of technology.
The contest is open to individuals enrolled in a college or university and carrying at least 50 percent of a full-time graduate or undergraduate academic program, with a graduation date of 2013 or later.
Entries can be submitted from 1 April 2012, to midnight. 30 April 2012. To enter to win, visit https://www.facebook.com/ieeecomputersociety. The five lucky winners each week will be notified of their student memberships by email.
“Membership in IEEE and IEEE Computer Society is a great way to connect with other students through chapters, conferences, and of course the Computer Society Facebook page,” said Violet Doan, IEEE Computer Society Membership Director. “Student members also have access to a full library of authoritative articles and magazines that are available 24-7 as source material for research projects or assignments.”
The student member package includes:
- A monthly digital subscription to Computer magazine
- All Computer Society peer-reviewed periodicals with full archives, covering the spectrum of computing and information technology
- 4,100+ conference publications from around the globe
- 425,000+ quality articles and papers for serious research or quick answers
- FREE development software from Microsoft, including Visual Studio Team System, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, OneNote 2010, Project 2010, and Visio 2010
- Access to 600 technical books from Safari Books Online
- Access to nearly 5,000 online courses in a variety of technical and business topics, and
- Valuable networking opportunities through local chapters.
Student members are also eligible to apply for more than 30 scholarships, fellowships, and awards, as well as hundreds of conference travel grants. For a full list of benefits, visit http://www.computer.org/portal/web/membership/student-benefit-home.
About the IEEE Computer Society
The IEEE Computer Society is the world’s leading organization of computing professionals. Founded in 1946, and the largest of IEEE’s 38 societies, the Computer Society is dedicated to advancing the theory and application of computer and information-processing technology. The Society serves the information and career-development needs of today’s computing researchers and practitioners with technical journals, magazines, conferences, books, conference publications, certifications, and online courses. For more information, visit http://www.computer.org.