Denver, CO (PRWEB) March 30, 2012
Legal Web Design, a company focused on attorney website design, development and Internet marketing services for law firms, has released a list of seven helpful search engine optimization tips for attorneys:
1. Know the market. The best potential clients are not those visiting a search engine and typing "attorney" into a search box – they are visitors who are looking for something more specific. Develop a sense of what those keywords are, and make them the cornerstone of a law firm SEO strategy.
2. Remember that it all starts with keyword selection. For all of the legal search engine optimization advice found online, proper keyword selection may be the most important. Optimize website content to focus on the the most relevant keywords and phrases. If help is needed, readily available keyword suggestion tools can assist with investigation of search metrics and be used to develop an extensive keyword list.
3. Make content a priority. Search engines do not "see" websites in the same way that humans do. Rather search engine spiders scan for certain types of text. The more relevant content (usually in the form of articles, blog posts, etc.) on an attorney website, the better the results.
4. Use all the legal website search engine optimization tools possible. More and more, the major search engines are taking cues from social media sites. Taking advantage of these tools could help earn higher search engine position and more website visitors.
5. Consider paid search advertising. While it isn't for every law firm in every situation, paid search advertising has the potential to be a high-impact, high return on investment ("ROI") method to find new clients. The keys to making it work in a cost-effective manner are researching what is needed up front and optimizing advertisements to attract the right kinds of visitors.
6. Remember that a legal website needs more than just visitors. To make it an important part of an advanced legal online marketing strategy, visitors need to take action. That involves visually appealing legal web design and strong copywriting.
7. Work with an experienced legal SEO team. Legal website search engine optimization is as much of an art as it is a science. Having the right team – one that knows SEO, is familiar with attorney websites, and can keep a successful marketing campaign on track and can make all the difference in long-term results.
For more information, visit Legal Web Design's attorney website design and SEO services website.