“Shared Services is the way forward in this Industry and the Shared Services for Hospitality programme provides the roadmap to get there.” - Event Producer Manjula Dharia.
New York, NY (PRWEB) April 02, 2012
The Shared Services and Outsourcing Network (SSON), the largest and most established network of shared services and outsourcing professionals, today announced the launch of a new vertical industry-specific event, Shared Services for Hospitality.
Targeted for practitioners and business partners in the Hotel, Food & Beverage, Gaming and Recreation Industries, this event will take place June 19-20, 2012, at Mandalay Bay Convention Center, Las Vegas.
Shared Services for Hospitality promises to provide attendees with the fundamental framework for best in class processes and supporting tools and action plans to effectively develop, adapt and expand their shared services and outsourcing capability, amongst a highly complex and customer driven sector.
The programme has been designed to show how centralized services, data and automation technology can reduce operating expenses - while keeping service levels high.
SS Hospitality will help attendees overcome key business challenges, by addressing the following topics:
- Moving Up the Value Chain - Max Fisher, Vice President of Finance Operations, Caesars Entertainment, shows how to sequence most effectively and adapt the business
- Specialty Billing & Accounting - Kelly Litster, Vice President, Finance Shared Services Projects, MGM Resorts, discusses complex supplier invoicing, size and scale, and strategies to minimize risk for the overall business
- Shared Services or Centralized Back Office Processing - Roberta Campbell, Vice President, Hotel Financial Services, Loews Hotel, shares her view on the differences and knowing how to communicate what the business wants
- Rethink Your Model for Buying - Fernando Rocha, CEO, Grupo Posadas, takes attendees through his journey of leveraging systems and data sources for a very succinct view of suppliers within the organization
- Talent Management - Attitude vs. Aptitude – Rick Arpin, SVP & Corporate Controller, MGM Resorts, shows how to drive performance incorporating and balancing key competencies to recruit, retain and engage employees
- Manage Ever Changing Customer-Centric Operational Processes - Paul Aghilipour, The Beverly Garland, explains how technology and concept will allow for a comprehensive centralized processing while satisfying customers, guests, employees and owners.
SS Hospitality’s Event Producer, Manjula Dharia, believes that as the Hospitality Industry becomes more complex, the shared services model offers the ability to serve the industry with integrated solutions needed to address diverse business lines and meet customer perceptions.
“Even when dealing with multi-location stores and facilities with high volumes, attendees will hear how our speakers have been able to achieve greater efficiency, standardization, transparency and collaboration amongst suppliers and customers,” said Manjula.
“Shared Services is the way forward and the Shared Services for Hospitality programme provides the roadmap to get there.”
SS Hospitality will be an essential event for those in the Hospitality Industry, where leading Hotel and Gaming Companies will share their strategies on effectively and efficiently meeting customer expectations, drive revenue and out-perform the competition.
For more information about the event visit:
http://www.sharedservicesforhospitality.com or call 1-800-882-8684
The Shared Services & Outsourcing Network (SSON), now in its 12th year, is the largest and most established community for over 60,000 shared services and outsourcing professionals. We provide a global forum, online as well as on-site at our events, in which leading experts and organizations share their experience, knowledge, and tools, and connect with each other.
Our mission is to help you do a better job – through sharing best practice case studies; providing thought leadership from recognized experts; highlighting new tools and trends; introducing leading advisors, consultants, and BPO providers; and providing learning opportunities – online and on site.
Our staff work from international offices in New York, London, Singapore, Sydney, Johannesburg, Berlin and Dubai to research the market and interview leaders in the shared services & outsourcing sector. We aim to provide you all with all the knowledge resource you need – just contact us.
Knowledge leadership (articles, interviews, case studies), News, Whitepapers, Webinars, SSOPro (online learning), Global events, Surveys.
For more information on SSON, visit: http://www.ssonetwork.com