Washington, DC (PRWEB) April 02, 2012
Atlantic Information Services, Inc., publisher of Inside Health Insurance Exchanges, is pleased to announce a powerhouse panel of experts will be speaking at its April 5 webinar, New Insurance Exchange Regs: Strategies for Seizing the Opportunities Ahead. See webinar details at http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c2r17_040512.
Three of the country’s leading experts on insurance exchanges, Joel Ario, former head of CMS’s Office of Health Insurance Exchanges, Jon Kingsdale, former executive director of the Massachusetts Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority, and Daniel Schuyler, former director of technology at the Utah Health Insurance Exchange, will offer their insights on HHS’s just-released final guidance ... and steps organizations can take to take advantage of new opportunities.
The latest round of rules that states will use in developing and operating insurance exchanges is complex and extremely important for all stakeholders — health plans, state health officials, hospitals and health systems, brokers, employers and Web-based entities. During the April 5 webinar participants will get all the details about:
- Participating insurers: State exchanges will determine the number and type of health plans that are made available, within broad standards set by the federal government. How is this likely to work, and how well are insurers that don’t participate likely to do outside of the exchanges?
- Agents and brokers: States have the ability to determine a role — and compensation — for agents and brokers who sell exchange-based coverage. But how are states likely to determine compensation?
- Navigators: States can choose at least two “navigator” organizations, one of which must be a community or consumer-focused nonprofit organization. Will navigators overlap with or complement agents and brokers?
- Standards for health plans: States, working with their insurance departments, will set specific standards to ensure that each qualified health plan gives consumers access to a variety of providers within a reasonable period of time. What steps must insurers take in developing exchange-friendly plan designs?
- Certification, recertification and decertification: What hurdles will insurers face in becoming a “qualified health plan”? How difficult will it be to maintain certification?
- Network adequacy: How much influence will exchanges have on provider networks? How will hospitals and physicians be affected?
After a 60-minute expert presentation, a concluding 30-minute question-and-answer session will allow webinar participants to pose individual questions to the speakers.
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c2r17_040512 for more details and registration information.
AIS develops highly targeted news, data and strategies for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.