Calgary, Alberta, Canada (PRWEB) April 02, 2012
EMGateway™, an online platform showcasing Canadian exempt market securities investments and information regarding the exempt market, today released market data compiled over the last 12 months from numerous sources across the country. The data was compiled by EMGateway™ staff in an effort to consolidate some of the fact-based information regarding the exempt market.
“It is nearly impossible to obtain vital statistical information about the exempt market. Until now, anyone interested in learning about this industry had to visit numerous websites and sift though cumbersome data in a variety of formats,” said Milo Anderson, CEO, Founder and sole owner of EMGateway™. “We want to make it easier for issuers, dealers, representatives and investors to keep up with new market developments. The only way to do that is by bringing everything to one place at one time for everyone.”
Key Findings Overview
An examination of media sources, raw data from filings reports, as well as speeches and presentations published by securities commissions regarding the exempt market industry, revealed the following:
• New equity issues across Canada (filed with the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC)) were approximately $41 billion in 2010.
• Between January 2010 and December 2010, 778 Alberta-based issuers in the exempt market raised approximately $11.6 billion.
• The total amount of capital raised through exempt distributions filed with the OSC in 2010 was about $83 billion. Approximately $44 billion of that was raised in Ontario (from Ontario investors).
• In Manitoba, investment in the exempt market was $16 billion for 2010.
• In total in 2010, British Columbia raised $16.2 Billion, about 7 times larger than the Prospectus market.
To view the complete Key Findings Overview and a list of sources visit http://www.emgateway.ca/press-releases.
EMGateway™ is currently working to compile comprehensive data from additional jurisdictions and would like to encourage all industry stakeholders to submit fact-based data, resources, events or news to http://www.emgateway.ca/contact.
“We realize that this is only a small step towards proper statistical research and the amalgamation of fact-based exempt market industry information. As the exempt market industry continues to grow and EMGateway™ matures, we also want to support regulators and industry associations by providing a non-biased, neutral platform for important information on the exempt market,” says Anderson.
Over the past two months, the team at EMGateway™ has been conducting product development sessions with a select group of industry stakeholders to ensure usability and functionality of EMGateway.ca. The industry pre-launch of the site will occur on May 9th, 2012. At that time, subscribed issuers will be able to post exempt market securities investments. The formal launch of the site in conjunction with launch of EMGateway’s™ public marketing campaign will occur on May 31, 2012.
For more information about EMGateway™, please contact:
CEO & Founder