Chicago, IL (PRWEB) April 09, 2012
Summit Media Group, publisher of Automation World, Packaging World and Healthcare Packaging, has confirmed the agenda for The Automation Conference (http://www.theautomationconference.com), industry’s new event for engineering and management professionals within discrete manufacturing, continuous and batch processing, and packaging operations. Held May 22-23, 2012 at the Hilton Rosemont in suburban Chicago, The Automation Conference will feature more than 30 sessions and three content tracks, with speakers from Boeing, ExxonMobil, PepsiCo, Volkswagen and other global leaders of industry.
Event Director David Greenfield comments “The Automation Conference is the only conference of its kind where you can access so much first-hand automation expertise delivered by end-users, OEMs, system integrators, technology developers, and academics. Given the importance of automation to the competitiveness of the manufacturing, processing and packaging industries, the education offered at The Automation Conference offers a career growth opportunity not to be missed.”
Presenters and topics to be featured at The Automation Conference include:
- Boeing’s Sid Venkatesh on supply chain standardization
- ExxonMobil’s Chris Wells on PLC lifecycle management
- Pepsi Bottling’s Chris Bacon on combining Lean and automation for improved OEE
- Volkswagen’s Jürgen Jaskolla on modular production strategies and automation
- Bayer CropScience’s Joe Staples on using automated workflow strategy for operational excellence
- Gilchrest & Soames’ Christina Mavity on using automated asset management to streamline procurement
Other topics to be addressed include:
- Establishing remote diagnostics with Kai Mariappan of Coca-Cola
- Operator training for automated environments with Simon Nance from Stihl
- Process safety with Kevin Connelly and Ken Modeste from UL
- Industrial controls security with Joel Langill of SCADAHacker
- Alarm management best practices with Steve Elwart of Ergon Refining
- Implementing wireless projects with Steven Toteda, chairman of the Wireless Industrial Network Alliance
- SCADA strategies for water/wastewater from Kenn Bengtsson of DC Water
Program, registration and exhibiting information can be found at: http://www.theautomationconference.com. The early bird discounted registration rate is available through April 22, 2012.
About Summit Media Group, Inc.
Chicago-based Summit Media Group, Inc. (http://www.summitmediagroup.com) is an integrated media publisher offering business information for professionals in packaging and manufacturing automation. Print magazines and related websites include Packaging World, Automation World, Packaging World’s PACK EXPO Showcase, Healthcare Packaging, and Contract Packaging. In addition to publishing a variety of newsletters, Summit also produces webinars and conferences and owns Web resource GreenerPackage.com.