Our mission with this latest version of SoFi 5 has been to create an extremely intuitive sustainable business intelligence solution, one that truly enables the management of sustainability performance
Stuttgart/Boulder/London (PRWEB) April 03, 2012
Sustainable business software provider PE INTERNATIONAL today announces the launch of SoFi 5, a significant evolution in Enterprise Sustainability Performance (ESP) software. The advanced capabilities of this newest version of the market-leading SoFi software allow sustainability executives to move their organizations more quickly, efficiently and effectively towards an understanding of their complete environmental profile.
With new and more intuitive functionality, SoFi 5 helps improve sustainability in every element of an enterprise’s operations, from energy consumption, water use, and carbon emissions to all manner of social, environmental and economic impacts across operations and supply chain. This latest version of the SoFi software is capable of intuitively determining a company’s needs and responding appropriately with peer-tested and verified solutions.
Dr. Robert Gabriel, Executive Director Corporate Sustainability & Strategy at PE INTERNATIONAL, explains the thinking behind the development effort. “Our mission with this latest version of SoFi 5 has been to create an extremely intuitive sustainable business intelligence solution, one that truly enables the management of sustainability performance with the help of monitoring dashboards, advanced analytics and benchmarking. Our over 130,000 constantly updated best practice datasets and 15,000 external benchmarks quickly suggest truly optimum improvement opportunities, all fully appraised for cost and environmental savings. Use of SoFi 5 could scarcely be simpler; making the lives of executives tasked with sustainability management easier with every relevant and up-to-date fact at his or her fingertips.”
In the simplest terms, SoFi 5 software helps enterprises understand and manage their total environmental, social and economic impacts in five key phases:
1) It builds an information landscape. It does this by integrating all of an enterprise’s existing datasets, including automated data aggregation from existing IT systems, by using class-leading questionnaire technology and advanced data characterization for environmental, social and economic impacts and risks.
2) It measures current sustainability performance against extensive sector-specific benchmark datasets through easy-to-use executive dashboards for sustainability KPIs, flexible benchmarking platform and performance gap analysis.
3) It uncovers performance gaps and identifies and evaluates real-world improvement opportunities including cost benefit analyses. This is accomplished using SoFi 5’s more than 130,000 best practice datasets, complete with ROI analysis and scenario-modeling for processes and products.
4) It builds and helps execute ongoing improvement plans. Any executive tasked with environmental improvements is provided with a check list of practical options ranging from cost effective ‘quick fixes’ across a range of disciplines to longer term investments that offer constant improvement and increasing ROI over extended investment periods. Many of these solutions can positively impact an enterprise’s bottom line as well as its corporate social responsibility (CSR) standing.
5) It helps communicate the results. Armed with this valuable output any sustainability-tasked executive can then communicate the enterprise’s success to customers, contractors, suppliers and stakeholders via easy integration with, and templates for, GRI, CDP, and SAM/DJSI. SoFi 5 provides workflow support and audit-log for 3rd party report verification and supply chain and scope 3 reporting. All outputs are compliant with ISO Enterprise Energy Management standards, Global Reporting Initiative sustainability reporting, EMAS environmental management, Carbon Disclosure Project carbon and water management, and Sustainable Supply Chain imperatives.
Many Global Fortune 500 companies are already benefiting from the SoFi software technology including Siemens which is helping its tier 1 suppliers to reduce energy cost by up to 17%, Carnival Corporation which is recognized in the FTSE4 good sustainability index and the Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index, DekaBank which saved 300,000 Euros in energy and paper costs during the first 6 months using SoFi. Deutsche Post DHL which increased carbon efficiency for its own operations and its subcontractors by 12% over 3 years, as well as Kraft Foods, Adidas and Munich Re amongst many other sector leaders worldwide.
About PE INTERNATIONAL
PE INTERNATIONAL is one of the world’s most experienced sustainability software, content and strategic consulting firms. With 20 years of experience and 20 offices around the globe, PE INTERNATIONAL allows clients to understand sustainability, improve their performance and succeed in the marketplace. Through market leading software solutions, Five Winds Strategic Consulting Services and implementation methodologies PE INTERNATIONAL has worked with some of the world's most respected firms to develop the strategies, management systems, tools and processes needed to achieve leadership in sustainability. For more information: http://www.pe-international.com