“Employers and managers are in excellent positions to address bullying. We help them implement anti-bullying initiatives in a highly visible way.”
--Amy Haft, FEI Behavioral Health
Milwaukee, WI (PRWEB) April 12, 2012
FEI Behavioral Health, a national EAP, wellness and crisis management firm, offers a civility training program to help organizations identify and combat workplace bullying.
The program is customized for each company and focuses on a variety of civility exercises, including:
- Definitions and examples of incivility.
- Descriptions of the personal impact of being a target.
- Lists of business costs associated with incivility.
- Role plays or exercises.
- Examples of choices that lead to civil behavior.
- Explanations of organizational policies regarding bullying or incivility.
- Information on what to do/who to contact if employees believe they are targets.
“Employers and managers are in excellent positions to address bullying,” said FEI's Amy Haft. “They set an example in the workplace that other employees follow. We help them implement anti-bullying initiatives in a highly visible way.”
Through the civility training program, FEI works closely with managers to:
- Establish and support a zero-tolerance policy.
- Document complaints and details of bullying investigations.
- Foster a work environment focused on civility.
The civility program is complemented by FEI's expertise in employee assistance programs. “Many companies engage us from the ground up, seeking our input on the development of a workplace bullying policy,” said Haft. “We provide an unbiased assessment of the current work environment and meet individually with bullies and their targets to discuss concerns, seek clarity and coach.”
Bullying has a far-reaching impact in today’s work world, but savvy business leaders can minimize the issue by being alert for signs, adhering to a zero-tolerance policy, and investing in training that prepares employees to counter the effects of bullying.
FEI Behavioral Health offers flexible solutions for the full spectrum of workforce resilience goals, from crisis preparedness and management to EAP and wellness services. The company is part of Families International. http://www.feinet.com.