"With nearly a decade of experience... instructor Olivier Pennetier brings a wealth of experience to this topic," says Thomas M. Simmons.
Oakland, CA (PRWEB) April 06, 2012
LearnVirtual announces new online training program on Bioclimatic Design: A Primer for Green Building. This six-part series starting May 9, at 12 pm Pacific, demonstrates ways to minimize future building energy consumption at the earliest phases of design without having to depend on costly high efficiency HVAC renewable energy systems to minimize the loads. Each of the six sessions qualifies for 1.5 AIA Continuing Education LU/HSW/SDs.
“With nearly a decade of experience consulting on bioclimate design solutions, instructor Olivier Pennetier, brings a wealth of experience to this topic,” said Thomas M. Simmons, Curriculum Developer for LearnVirtual. “I’ve seen his work completely transform green building projects.”
Individuals and groups can register for a single course or the entire series. The topics and dates of the online green building courses are:
- Site & Climate Analysis, May 9, 12 pm Pacific, covers the tools and resources available to study the site and climate of a project, and how this information can affect design strategies.
- Building Massing & Orientation, May 16, 12 pm Pacific, focuses on the importance of proper building massing and explores various tools to optimize solar orientation to ultimately minimize energy use.
- Building Material Properties, May 23, 12 pm Pacific, reviews the basic principles of building material properties and how to use them appropriately in a project.
- Daylighting Primer, May 30, 12 pm Pacific, examines the basic physics behind daylighting in buildings and discusses rules of thumb for proper daylighting strategies and glare mitigation.
- Photovoltaic System Sizing & Rainfall Harvesting Calculations, June 13, 12 pm Pacific, reveals how to quickly size photovoltaic systems and assess rainwater harvesting potential.
- Basics of Building Energy Analysis, June 27, 12 pm Pacific, discusses how to set up a 3D architectural model to best utilize energy analysis programs.
Olivier Pennetier, MArch, LEED AP, is founder of SYMPHYSIS, a bioclimatic design solutions firm. Since 2003, he has been consulting with architecture firms around the San Francisco Bay Area on site and climate analyses, daylighting, solar stress mitigations, and passive strategies. Olivier holds a Bachelor of Environmental Science from Humbolt State University and a Master of Architecture from the University of Hawaii.
LearnVirtual specializes in the design and implementation of education programs for AEC professionals. With an emphasis on e-learning and multi-venue hybrid education, LearnVirtual empowers individuals and companies with professional skills and industry intelligence that can be applied in everyday work environments.