Despite popular belief, Texas home insurance does not include flood protection.
Houston, Texas (PRWEB) April 07, 2012
Hurricane season is on its way, and the team at Noltensmeyer Insurance Services wants to make sure that everyone is prepared this year. When it comes to Texas flood insurance, there are a number of misconceptions about who needs it and what these policies cover. Therefore, Noltensmeyer Insurance Services wants to highlight the top five things that homeowners should understand about flood coverage:
1. Despite popular belief, Texas home insurance does not include flood protection. Flood insurance must be purchased as a separate policy.
2. Flood insurance does have limits, so homeowners should ensure that the policy they purchase is capped high enough to cover the cost of repairing the structure of the home and replacing damaged contents.
3. There is a 30-day waiting period from the time a person purchases flood insurance to the date on which their coverage starts, so don’t wait until there is a storm in the forecast to obtain flood protection.
4. Paying for flood insurance can save homeowners a substantial amount of money in the long run. A single flood could result in thousands of dollars of necessary repairs – much more than the cost of securing flood insurance.
5. Individuals can buy flood insurance regardless of whether they live in a high-, moderate- or low-risk zone.
It’s no surprise that homeowners have many questions about Texas flood insurance. As with any other type of insurance policy, everyone will have different flood insurance needs. The team of licensed agents Noltensmeyer Insurance Services is always ready and willing to answer questions on flood coverage and help customers find a policy that is right for them.
About Noltensmeyer Insurance Services, LLC:
Noltensmeyer Insurance Services is licensed in Texas. The 20 agents that comprise Noltensmeyer Insurance Services, LLC write auto, home, commercial and health insurance policies. The agency’s staff is divided into teams to help assist its clients who have specific insurance needs.