"We built Dashpot to dramatically increase the usability and management of the Infochimps Platform and help our customers see their data as it streams in."
-- Joe Kelly, co-founder and CEO - Infochimps
Austin, TX (PRWEB) April 09, 2012
Infochimps, the first open data marketplace and a leading provider of tools, content, and operational expertise for big data infrastructure, today announced Dashpot for the Infochimps Platform, an easy-to-use analytics and operations dashboard that provides customers with a powerful suite of tools for business metrics and data visualization, cluster management and system monitoring.
Dashpot enables customers to easily capture and visualize data on the fly as it is being ingested by the Infochimps Platform through an in-stream decoration process powered by Infochimps’ Flume-based Data Delivery Service. The process helps users get insights in near real-time, and ultimately multiply the value of their data. Once fully ingested by the Infochimps Platform, Dashpot also gives customers full visibility and control of their Big Data stack all in one place helping them go from input to insight faster.
“We built Dashpot to dramatically increase the usability and management of the Infochimps Platform and help our customers see their data as it streams in. When users decorate their data with other sources, they can produce completely new insights that can fuel a new level of critical decision making,” said Joe Kelly, co-founder and CEO. “For example, a customer in the retail vertical is using the Infochimps Platform to capture real-time point-of-sale data. 60 seconds after a customer runs a credit card in a store, or gives their email address or phone number, their demographics have been fetched and they can be filtered and viewed in Dashpot. Being able to display real-time transactions with customer profiles, seconds after they occur, stands to change the game for the retailer.”
Dashpot’s key features include:
- In-stream Big Data visualization captures and displays business metrics on the fly
- Augment your raw transaction data with data from the Infochimps Data Marketplace to have a richer picture
- Enables quicker responses to changing business metrics and conditions
- Ensures high quality information in the datastore
- Designed to complement and extend an organization’s existing business intelligence and analytics tools
- Push button start and stop of clusters on the Infochimps Platform in the cloud
- Provides simple Big Data system automation and management capability on top of Ironfan, Infochimps’ Big Data provisioning and configuration tool
- Offers quick at-a-glance views into running servers and clusters
- Currently supports Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase, and Elastic Search clusters
- At-a-glance view of Big Data system performance, availability, and integrity on the Infochimps Platform
- The Ironfan and Dashpot architecture makes it easy to integrate popular monitoring packages into the Infochimps Platform Big Data environment
- Initially implemented with open source monitoring solution Zabbix
Dashpot sits on top of The Infochimps Platform which was launched in early 2012, enabling enterprises to build, manage, and optimize their Big Data operations for less than the cost of doing it in-house. The platform is offered as both a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) and an on-premise solution that can be implemented oftentimes months faster than building a custom, and usually costly, Big Data solution.
Together with Dashpot, the Infochimps Platform is the most usable, complete big data solution available. Dashpot provides the business intelligence organizations need and the Infochimps Platform takes care of the rest with secure data delivery at scale, coordination of large distributed systems, access to elastic Hadoop resources, and dependable storage enterprise organizations can trust.
To contact Infochimps, visit: http://www.infochimps.com/contact
To learn more about Infochimps, visit http://www.infochimps.com/.
To learn more about how the Infochimps Platform works, visit http://www.infochimps.com/how-it-works.
To learn more about Dashpot on the Infochimps Platform, visit blog.infochimps.com/2012/04/30/dashpot/.
To see a Dashpot demo, visit vimeo.com/39783395.
The Infochimps mission is to democratize the world's access to structured data. We make data more usable and more valuable -- through tools and systems to manage and access data, and Big Data expertise.
We have two products. The Infochimps Platform is a scalable solution for building, managing and optimizing complex Big Data environments. The Infochimps Data Marketplace offers thousands of public and proprietary data sets for download and API access.
Infochimps is a privately-held, venture-backed company based in Austin, Texas. For more information, please visit infochimps.com or follow @infochimps on Twitter.