St. Louis, MO (PRWEB) April 12, 2012
The Doe Run Company recently welcomed five new employees to Doe Run’s Southeast Missouri Mining and Milling Division (SEMO) at the Buick Mine and Mill, Brushy Creek Mine and Mill and Viburnum Lab locations.
- Kyle Barteau, of Rolla, Mo., joined Buick Mine and Mill as a technology services engineer. Barteau received a Bachelor of Science degree in mining engineering from Missouri University of Science and Technology.
- Darrin Smith, of Salem, Mo., was hired as a mine planner in the technology services department at Buick Mine and Mill. Smith received a Bachelor of Science degree in mining engineering from Missouri University of Science and Technology. Prior to joining Doe Run, Smith was employed by Unimin Corporation, a non-metallic industrial minerals producer.
- Melinda Williams, also of Salem, was appointed to the position of warehouse clerk at Buick Mine and Mill. Williams graduated from Riverview Gardens High School and has received specialized office and payroll training.
- John Hovis, of Desloge, Mo., returns to Doe Run as a mine supervisor at Brushy Creek Mine and Mill. Hovis previously worked at Doe Run for more than 15 years in various mining positions. Most recently, Hovis worked for Vulcan Materials Company.
- Amy Holmes, of Viburnum, Mo., was hired as a chemical lab clerk at the Viburnum Lab. Holmes received a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Davidson College in Davidson, N.C.
“Employees are our greatest strength,” said Steve Batts, Doe Run’s SEMO general manager. “Recruiting talented employees to our mining and milling operations is essential for Doe Run to meet the growing global demand for lead.”
Doe Run’s newest hires join the SEMO mining and milling division, which is regularly recognized for its high standards of safety. Doe Run and its predecessors have received the National Mining Association’s Sentinels of Safety award 25 times since 1971. Those interested in a career at Doe Run may email their resume to careers(at)doerun(dot)com.
About The Doe Run Company
Based in St. Louis, The Doe Run Company is a privately held natural resources company and the largest integrated lead producer in the Western Hemisphere. Dedicated to environmentally responsible mineral and metal production, Doe Run operates one of the world’s largest, single-site lead recycling facilities located in Boss, Mo. The Doe Run Company and its subsidiary deliver products and services necessary to provide power, protection and convenience. Doe Run has operations in Missouri, Washington and Arizona. For more information, visit sustainability.doerun.com.
# # #