Omaha, NE (PRWEB) April 11, 2012
In recognition of the approaching Earth Day 2012, Aureus Medical, a national leader in healthcare staffing, releases suggestions to travel nurses, travel therapists, and other mobile healthcare professionals on reducing one’s carbon footprint while on assignment. Earth Day will be celebrated nationwide April 22, 2012.
On average, American commuters traveled 25-minutes to and from work each day in 2009 or 50 minutes per day, according to the American Community Survey of the U.S. Census. Densely populated areas may have trouble meeting federally recommended air quality standards due to the pollution vehicles create. Altering daily habits will aid in reducing carbon emissions in these areas as well as in other communities across the U.S., where Aureus Medical’s healthcare employees are assigned.
1. Purchase a fuel-efficient vehicle. The rising cost of gas makes buying a fuel-efficient car sensible for a commute and a sound future investment. Many newer used cars can offer exceptional mileage options that range from 24 to over 35 miles per gallon, which can greatly reduce the amount of fuel required and the emissions the vehicle produces.
2. Maintain the car by ensuring the correct air pressure in tires. Proper inflation alone can drastically improve gas mileage, which will save money over the course of the year and decrease pollution.
3. Consider public transportation, such as buses, subways and commuter trains. This helps make the footprint of the overall system greener due to the decrease in pollution per capita.
4. Bike to work. Not only will it save gas, but will also reduce car maintenance costs, parking fees and toll expenses. According to Time Magazine, an individual may be able to save $5,000 annually by biking to work.
5. Walk to work. Depending on the location of temporary housing and the hospital facility, a mobile, a travel nurse or travel therapist may be able to walk all or part of the way, and incorporate public transportation that follows the route required.
Aureus Medical encourages those in mobile healthcare careers to do their part in adopting a greener lifestyle while working on assignment. Pre-planning travel routes to and from work and the mode of transportation will help travel nurses and travel therapy professionals reduce their impact on the environment.
For more information about Earth Day 2012, visit http://www.earthday.org.
For more information about Aureus Medical Group, visit http://www.aureusmedical.com
ABOUT AUREUS MEDICAL GROUP:
Aureus Medical Group is a national leader in healthcare staffing specializing in the successful placement of Nursing, Advanced Practice, Cardiopulmonary, Diagnostic Imaging, Medical Laboratory, Neurodiagnostics, Radiation Oncology, and Rehabilitation Therapy professionals, as well as Physicians, in hospitals and medical facilities nationwide. With more than 25 years of experience, Aureus Medical offers a full range of staffing options, including national contract (travel), local contract, and direct hire. Aureus Medical is the largest division of Omaha-based C&A Industries, a leading provider of human capital management solutions for more than 40 years.