Austin, Texas (PRWEB) April 10, 2012
The votes have been tallied for the first annual Blue Drop Awards and the team of volunteers is proud to announce 2012 winners across nine categories. With over 200 website nominations, the community has voted and selected innovative, progressive and dynamic sites.
Eyemaginations, Inc. is an industry leader in creating interactive media solutions that explain complex medical subject matters to patients. Unleashed Technologies, a full-service Drupal web development firm, created a website with enterprise CMS capabilities, easily accessible in-depth information and a robust selection of media that displays Eyemaginations’ products and capabilities.
“Congratulations to our 2012 Drupal Website of the Year Winners, Eyemaginations.com and Unleashed Technologies, and all the category winners. We salute your innovation!” said Ben Finklea, CEO, Volacci and Blue Drop Awards organizer. “The Blue Drop Awards were created as a community-driven, grassroots initiative that recognizes the stellar development work in Drupal. This inaugural event has been a great success and we are excited to see the community excel.”
“Unleashed Technologies is tremendously honored to be recognized for the 2012 Drupal Website of the Year in the inaugural Blue Drop Awards,” said Michael Spinosa, CEO, Unleashed Technologies. “The Awards are a great way to recognize the excellent work being done in the Drupal community, of which we are proud to be a member.”
Websites were voted as Blue Drop Award-winners across nine categories. The 2012 results are as follows:
In the category for Best Enterprise Website Built with Drupal:
- First Place: Energy.gov, developed by Phase2 Technology, New York, NY
- Second Place: Subaru.com.au, developed by Sitback, Sydney, Australia
- Third Place: Grandhotel.se, developed by Happiness, Stockholm, Sweden
In the category for Best Business Website Built with Drupal:
- First Place: Shunra.com, developed by Unleashed Technologies, Columbia, MD
- Second Place (TIE): Ferca.pt, developed by Javali, Open Source Systems, Caparica, Portugal
- Second Place (TIE): Ternbicycles.com/us/, developed by Zivtech, Philadelphia, PA
In the category for Best Marketplace Website Built with Drupal:
- First Place: Safaribooksonline.com, developed by Lullabot, Providence, RI
- Second Place: Gifts.rescue.org, developed by Jackson River, Washington, DC
- Third Place: Themakingspot.com, developed by Deeson Online, Canterbury, U.K.
In the category for Best Social Website Built with Drupal:
- First Place: Allplayers.com, Irving, TX
- Second Place: Refurborrebuild.co.uk, developed by Livelink New Media, Manchester, U.K.
- Third Place: 10000solutions.org, developed by KWALL, Scottsdale, AZ
In the category for Best Non-Profit/Education Website Built with Drupal:
- First Place: Forging.org, developed by Unleashed Technologies, Columbia, MD
- Second Place: k12videos.mit.edu, developed by Lullabot, Providence, RI
- Third Place: Worldcampus.psu.edu, developed by Phase2 Technology, New York, NY
In the category for Best Media Website Built with Drupal:
- First Place: Grammy.com, developed by Lullabot, Providence, RI
- Second Place: Zagat.com, developed by Phase2 Technology, New York, NY
- Third Place: Timeforkids.com/homework-helper, developed by Zivtech, Philadelphia, PA
In the category for Best Personal Website Built with Drupal:
- First Place: Thetrek.co.za, developed by Amazee Labs, Zurich, Switzerland
- Second Place: AmandaRodriguez.com, Brooklyn, New York
- Third Place: Mcuk.si, developed by ETELJE, Ljubljana, Slovenia
In the category for Best Interesting Website Built with Drupal:
- First Place (TIE): Responsivedesign.ca, developed by Foster Interactive Inc., Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- First Place (TIE): Inhonorofthepeople.com, developed by Gorton Studios, Eagan, MN
- Third Place: Fotobout.com, developed by Amazee Labs, Zurich, Switzerland
Representing more than 630,000 contributors and developers, Drupal is the largest, most active open-source technology community in the world. The Blue Drop Awards were created to promote Drupal to the greater technology community and to recognize innovative, next-generation websites and the companies that built them. With thousands of sites leveraging Drupal, the new awards program was designed to be the first democratic, voter-driven recognition program for Drupal members.
“The Drupal community is always innovating and pushing the envelope of web development. With the Blue Drop Awards we were able to celebrate some of that innovation,” said Ron Huber, president, Achieve Internet. “The Blue Drop Awards also allow the Drupal community to showcase the best-of-Drupal to the rest of the world.”
The inaugural Blue Drop Awards were sponsored by veteran Drupal community members, including Volacci, Lingotek, Standing Cloud, Synaptic Blue, Build a Module, ImageX Media, Achieve Internet, Blink Reaction, Gorton Studios, Mediacurrent and Phase2 Technology.
To see the winning projects and check out the other nominated websites please visit http://www.bluedropawards.org.
For more information on how to volunteer or participate as a sponsor next year, please contact Ben Finklea, CEO, Volacci at (512) 632-4222 or Ben (at) Volacci (dot) com