San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) April 10, 2012
CareLinx, a secure online home care network that empowers families to directly connect with compatible caregivers and cost-effectively manage all their home care services online, today announced that it has raised $1.5 million in financing from private investors. CareLinx launched in September 2011 and now has thousands of registered users across the United States.
“We are very grateful and excited to have received such tremendous support from the public, non-profit and private sectors, and the investor community since our launch,” said Sherwin Sheik, president and chief executive officer of CareLinx. “We believe that CareLinx can play a large role in helping shape the future of caregiving by providing solutions that solve many of the problems arising from the aging of our population, such as the affordability and accessibility of quality home care. This round of capital will help us more quickly achieve our goal of making quality home care more affordable and accessible for everyone."
CareLinx is positioning itself to be the prominent caregiver crowdsourcing network before the demand of the baby boomers hits the home care market. The 78 million boomers currently make up 28% of the U.S. population, and the number of Americans 65 years and older is expected to double over the next twenty years.
CareLinx offers a secure, efficient, and affordable solution to finding and managing in-home care. The company delivers much of the security and oversight that a traditional home care agency provides, but often at less cost and with more direct interaction between the family members and the caregiver. CareLinx provides a comprehensive “in-the-cloud” infrastructure for managing the entire spectrum of "back-office" operations, and gives families access to all the tools they will need to:
- Search and find caregivers that match specific needs on multiple dimensions of compatibility
- Video conference with prospective caregivers to help streamline the interview process
- Perform background checks on prospective caregivers
- Generate and manage detailed care calendars online
- Track caregivers’ hourly time using GPS technology
- Automate invoice generation and submit electronically
- Make payment effortless with credit or debit card processing
- Pay caregivers via ACH direct deposit or physical check
- Secure communication and video conferencing with caregivers so families can remain actively involved and oversee a loved one’s care while at work or from afar
- Access personal health record repository for centralizing, sharing, & archiving health records of their loved one
- Browse Caregiver Profile Reviews submitted by other families. CareLinx’s "5 Star Review" feature holds caregivers accountable for the quality of service they provide.
To learn more about CareLinx, visit http://www.carelinx.com.