HAMBURG and SAN FRANCISCO (PRWEB) April 12, 2012
CoreMedia, a leading Web content management (WCM) company, today announced its customer, the international automotive supplier Continental, has won the IMA Outstanding Achievement Award under the category “Automobile.” The Interactive Media Awards (IMA) recognizes the highest standards of excellence in website design and development. Innovative design coupled with CoreMedia’s industry-leading WCM platform, CoreMedia CMS, earned Continental’s website recognition for outstanding achievement.
- Continental, one of the leading automotive suppliers worldwide, won the IMA Outstanding Achievement Award under the “Automotive” category.
- Founded in 2006, the Interactive Media Awards recognizes the highest standards of excellence in website design and development and honors individuals and organizations for their outstanding achievement. Judges are comprised of members of the Interactive Media Council, Inc., a nonprofit organization of web designers, developers, programmers, advertisers and other web-related professionals who aim to elevate the standards of excellence on the Internet.
- This year, 91 entries were submitted to the “Automobile” category. Using a point-based scoring system, Continental earned a total score of 478 out of a possible 500, achieving a perfect score in the feature functionality category and top marks in the categories of design, content, usability and standards compliance & cross-browser compatibility.
- This win marks the third recent award win for Continental. In 2011, the company won the W3 Silver Award for the “Automotive” category and the WebAward for “Automotive Standard of Excellence and Mobile Standard of Excellence.” The W3 Silver Award recognizes excellence on the Web and the creative and marketing professionals behind award winning websites, videos and marketing programs, and the WebAwards honor talented individual and team efforts for outstanding website development.
- Link to Continental’s IMA page: http://www.interactivemediaawards.com/winners/certificate.asp?param=91125&cat=1
“We are honored to accept the IMA Outstanding Achievement Award,” said Monika Andrae, head of online relations, Continental. “Our winning streak is testament to the strength of our Web team and CoreMedia’s dynamic CMS platform, which has enabled us to create a truly context-aware online experience.”
“We are thrilled that Continental has won its third recent award for website excellence,” stated Glenn Conradt, vice president of global marketing and North America, CoreMedia. “The IMA Outstanding Achievement Award recognizes the unparalleled online experience that Continental has been creating for years. We’re honored that our CMS platform could provide the foundation for this outstanding website and deliver a rich, engaging Web experience for Continental’s customers.”
CoreMedia is a leading provider of Web Content Management (WCM) software to organizations demanding engaging, context-driven online experiences for their customers regardless of channel or touchpoint. The company’s WCM suite offers unique business value by seamlessly integrating digital and social media assets, increasing editorial productivity and accelerating time to market in complex environments. As a result, businesses can more effectively execute their online strategies to engage users, build customer loyalty and ultimately drive greater revenue and profitability.
Established in 1996, CoreMedia is headquartered in Hamburg, Germany, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Singapore. CoreMedia’s clients include global brands, such as the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC), Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC), Bertelsmann, BILD, CLAAS, Continental, EPCOS, Deutsche Telekom, Internet Broadcasting, O2, SEAT, and Singapore Press Holdings.
For further information on CoreMedia, please visit http://www.coremedia.com
With sales of €30.5 billion in 2011, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide. As a supplier of brake systems, systems and components for powertrains and chassis, instrumentation, infotainment solutions, vehicle electronics, tires and technical elastomers, Continental contributes to enhanced driving safety and global climate protection. Continental is also an expert partner in networked automobile communication. Continental currently has approximately 164,000 employees in 46 countries.