Omaha, NE (PRWEB) April 17, 2012
In recognition of National Occupational Therapy Month, observed annually in April, Aureus Medical Group (web: aureusmedical.com) releases five suggestions to travel occupational therapists as well as others who work in mobile healthcare careers, for maximizing time off in between shifts and assignments. Aureus Medical is leader in placing healthcare professionals in travel therapy jobs and other areas of healthcare.
Those with travel occupational therapy jobs often work long shifts. Trying something new during off hours and taking time for oneself can keep those working in healthcare rejuvenated and at their best. Whether it’s an upcoming vacation or a day off, Aureus Medical encourages those in medical careers to plan something out of the ordinary so they can return to the hospital floor better than ever.
1. Plan an adventure and do something exciting. Climb a mountain, explore the Grand Canyon on horseback, or go skydiving. A little adrenaline rush can be refreshing. It’s also an opportunity to check off a few things from that bucket list.
2. Visit a friend and catch up, whether over a weekend or just for a day.
3. Get pampered at the spa with a massage or facial. Consider a new hairstyle or a fresh shave and leave feeling confident.
4. Learn something new about the profession. Taking a break from work doesn't have to mean abandoning one’s passion for travel nursing or travel therapy. Plan a trip to one of many nursing museums across the country, such as the Museum of Nursing History in Philadelphia. Or, seek out a museum that features healthcare memorabilia.
5. Accomplish a task. Whether it’s a home improvement project, planting a vegetable garden, or a personal goal such as writing a novel, use this time to accomplish something interesting that’s been sitting on the back burner.
ABOUT AUREUS MEDICAL GROUP:
Aureus Medical Group is a nationwide leader in healthcare staffing specializing in the successful placement of Nursing, Advanced Practice, Cardiopulmonary, Diagnostic Imaging, Medical Laboratory, Neurodiagnostics, Radiation Oncology, and Rehabilitation Therapy professionals, as well as Physicians, in hospitals and medical facilities nationwide. With more than 25 years of experience, Aureus Medical offers a full range of staffing options, including national contract (travel), local contract, and direct hire. Aureus Medical is the largest division of Omaha-based C&A Industries, a leading provider of human capital management solutions for more than 40 years.