"Golf focused prize package features three-night stay at the Renaissance World Golf Village Resort, golf on the King & Bear and Slammer & Squire golf courses, and more!"
Jacksonville, FL (PRWEB) April 16, 2012
World Golf Village, Northeast Florida's renowned golf mecca, has introduced the Name It, Play It contest at http://www.WGVContest.com to name a golf hole and win a trip to the golf destination. The contest starts April 16, 2012. Participants have the unique opportunity to leave their mark on World Golf Village's renowned King & Bear Golf Course by coming up with a creative name for Hole 15. Full details about the contest, including contest rules, can be found at WGVContest.com.
The King & Bear Golf Course at World Golf Village is the one and only time golf legends Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus collaborated to design a golf course. The 15th Hole is golf legend Arnold Palmer's self-professed favorite hole. In fact, Palmer selected hole number 15 as one of his "Dream 18" in Sports Illustrated's Preview to the Ryder Cup 2006. Photographs of Hole 15 can be viewed at WGVContest.com.
The winner of the Name It, Play It contest receives:
- three-night stay for two at the AAA Four-Diamond Renaissance World Golf Village Resort (http://www.worldgolfrenaissance.com) which was just named one of the “Top 121 Golf Resorts in the World” and one of the “Top 20 Golf Resorts in Florida” in Condé Nast Traveler magazine’s “2012 Readers’ Poll”
- golf for two on both the King & Bear and Slammer & Squire golf courses courtesy of Honours Golf (http://www.golfwgv.com)
- $500 travel voucher courtesy of the Neighborhoods of World Golf Village (http://www.worldgolfrealestate.com)
- VIP tour of the World Golf Fame (http://www.worldgolfhalloffame.org) and two tickets to the IMAX Theater (http://www.worldgolfimax.com)
- commemorative brick on the World Golf Hall of Fame Walk of Champions
Located between Jacksonville and St. Augustine in Northeast Florida, World Golf Village is a 6,300-acre world class resort destination and residential community featuring two championship golf courses: the Slammer & Squire and the renowned King & Bear, co-designed by Arnold “The King” Palmer and Jack “The Bear” Nicklaus. In addition, World Golf Village is home to the World Golf Hall of Fame, with interactive exhibits and historic memorabilia that celebrates golf's greatest players; an 18-hole real grass putting course; a 132-yard Island Challenge Hole; an IMAX® 3D Theater; the Walk of Champions, and the PGA TOUR Golf Academy.
About The Neighborhoods of World Golf Village
The Neighborhoods of World Golf Village is Northeast Florida's first choice for gracious living. Conveniently situated between Jacksonville and St. Augustine, the master-planned community offers a variety of distinctive neighborhoods from gated, custom estate homes and resort condominiums, to stylish coach homes and affordable single-family homes priced from the $200,000s to $2 million. In addition to its world-renowned championship golf, the community is home to the acclaimed World Golf Hall of Fame and IMAX® Theater. Other top-shelf amenities include a year-round heated Junior Olympic-sized swimming pool, lighted tennis courts, playground, fitness center, and clubhouse. Dotted with parks and walking paths, the Neighborhoods of World Golf Village is popular with nature lovers. Restaurants, shops and daily necessities are conveniently located. For more information about The Neighborhoods of World Golf Village, visit worldgolfrealestate.com or fan them on Facebook at http://www.Facebook.com/WorldGolfVillage.