'With the selection of Desktop Alert, CPCC is equipped with a formidable mass notification platform providing employees and students with instant and reliable actionable intelligence during an emergency,' said Dan Ryan, CEO Desktop Alert Inc.
(PRWEB) April 16, 2012
Desktop Alert Inc., the leading provider of Network-Centric Mass Notification Warning Systems (MNWS) to the U.S. Army worldwide today announced the deployment of its desktop alert notification system to Central Piedmont Community College. The college had a need to send alerts to employees in the event of an emergency or other significant event. CPCC employs thousands of employees spanning 6 campuses that are spread throughout Mecklenburg County in Charlotte, North Carolina. CPCC has been a part of the Charlotte landscape for almost 50 years and serves more than 70,000 students a year.
The Desktop Alert System provides an alert delivery speed of one minute or less to all targeted end-users. The notification system operates on CPCC existing computational infrastructure and does not require costly infrastructure upgrades, network routers or other system hardware.
“Our notification system is unique in that the system installs on and across Enterprise networks in as little as ninety minutes. Remote installation support eliminates the need for costly onsite system implementation engineers providing substantial cost savings and scheduling logistics to our customer base. The enterprise-wide mass notification platform combined with the ease of installation has gained much notoriety with our existing and prospective customers,” said Howard Ryan, Chief Research and Development, Desktop Alert Inc.
“Our company is honored to be chosen by CPCC to connect all of its campus employees with one integrated alert system. With the selection of Desktop Alert, CPCC is equipped with a formidable mass notification platform providing employees and students with instant and reliable actionable intelligence during an emergency,” said Dan Ryan, CEO Desktop Alert Inc.
- Enterprise-wide net-centric mass notification platform utilizing the existing network infrastructure
- Centralized management system with role based permissions
- Integration with Microsoft’s Active Directory to assign users to roles.
- Deliver alerts to specific users, groups of users, workstations, and/or groups of workstations.
- Secure and encrypted communication of the alerts between the server and end-user devices.
- Custom alert template creation with built in editor
- Multi-media alerts supporting rich text, hyperlinks, images, wav, wma, and other content formats.
- Ability to acknowledge alerts with real-time status monitoring of published alerts
- Alerts appear front screen regardless of any other applications in-use during an alert event
About Desktop Alert Inc: http://www.desktopalert.net
Worldwide Healthcare, Learning Institutions, U.S. Military organizations such as The United States National Guard, The United States Air Force Academy, The United States Military Academy at West Point, Multi-National Forces in IRAQ, The U.S. Air Force, The U.S. Army now utilize the DTA mass notification platform daily for their organizations emergency communication requirements. Desktop Alert can contact thousands of users with desktop alerts and require receipt confirmation of the message. Those not verified can then be listed on a report and/or sent as a "Target Package" to be automatically contacted by other means such as email, SMS, phone calls and other devices.